SAU Community

It's turbo time

SeriesIIGTST

speak to grant at per4manz about hiflowing your original turbo with sierra internals!!! YEEEEAAAAHH!! sierra internals are abou the biggest that can fit in our turbo... quite nice reallly ... thats what i got on my puppy and works a treat... ask skyzer and mrsnrub (ben) how my turbo goes, grant did a great job for the money i spent and am well happy.

You wait till i get the wolf and some boost :)

But yeah it hauls!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

paul are you able to giv us these details/ I noticed aidwin had a vl turbo that was hi flowed... lots of lag but when it kicked in it packed a nice punch :-) thing that i still like about the standard skyline turbo is the nice low down spool up...... ho does the GT30 go with spooling up? when does the punch start kicking in? did you or have you had many probs yet with an external gate vent to atmo with cops?

These turbo's are similar to Aidwins, which has made 360rwhp at 17psi. His turbo isn't very laggy, on hard by 3500rpm. My GT30 is on hard by 4000rpm, and there are a few tricks we haven't used yet to make it spool quicker.

No, the cops haven't hassled me about the screamer, YET (touch wood)

GT25R has T25 flange right? Also, who in Perth sell them? Or is that another net purchase?

You can get them in T3 flange and the standard/hi-flow dump can fit,thats what I was told by some turbo shop here,they don't have them in stock but can get them from over east thou.

I think I've decided to go with an HKS turbo. Sly33 on these forums (not the famous WA numberplates) has advised that perhaps the 2530 is a little too small for the RB25 and that the 2535 may be better suited? Anyone have any thoughts? I'm still looking into the GT25R option though. I've decided against a rebuild i think. Just a matter of sorting out the $$$ now....(or lack thereof)

3037s are considerably more expensive than 2535. I only have modest power aspirations (absolute tops of 250rwkw) and am really after a very responsive replacement for my stock unit. I'd prefer a turbo i can bolt directly back to my car without any need to fabricate anything and also, one where I'm not required to change management (i'm still on stock ECU + SAFCII). These bigger turbos will be pushing too much more air that my ECU can deal with so something that's close to stock, with a little bit of a premium on the power stakes is all i'm after.

The 2530/2535's like a bit more boost to achieve their best . The power gets jumping with these at 1.2 bar +. A good highflow can make similar power at 1 bar or less. I'm sure there are plenty of power graphs to look at on the forums to get a better idea.

The ideal is to have a turbo with a better/higher average power delivery with boost being kept as low as possible to achieve the figure below 250rwkw.

yeah i'd just go a GT2540 instead of 2530/2535 if price isn't much more. only about 10ps output difference though between 2535 and 2540.

2530 - 320ps

2535 - 340ps

2540 - 350ps

the only internal gated 3037 i believe is the 3037 Pro S which is much more expensive than gt25**, output of 480ps which is way more than you want dave. im also interested in possibly upgrading my turbo in near future. just something that will be reliable pushing 300rwhp, 2530 would be perfect for that, but might be wasting money there, im sure there are better value for money options.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, It's done and it's landed. I'm now the very proud owner of:-

HKS GT2535 GT Sports Turbine Kit! :(:D :D :D :D

Arrived safely today at my front door brand new from Japan without any hassles. Kit comes with everything I need to fit it, including braided oil line, new studs, clips, hoses, the works. Now just to fit it....

The wheels are in motion.......

Will keep you informed....watch this space