SAU Community

Lowest Legal Ride Height

AAARGH 33

Hey guys,

Im just wondering what the lowest legal ride height is because my car is unregistered atm and I was worried about it passing pits.

When I bought the car the previous owner had already installed Öhlins suspension on it and it doesn't look height adjustable to make it any higher.If it is too low how can I raise the suspension instead of dishing out $$$ on coilovers?

Ive heard it is 100mm from the lowest part of your exhaust,can anyone confirm that? Mine is currently sitting at 70mm from the lowest part of exhaust.

Borrow some wheels from someone which have huge tyre profile lol.

Yeah,slam some 4x4 wheels on there,she'll be right haha

yeah 100mm to the lowest point when all seats are loaded with passengers.

suggest you find some stock struts and springs to put in!

I think that might be the way to go.Anyone got some spare stock struts and springs lying around? lol

best way is to borrow some stock struts and fit them to go over the pits

i work at an inpection station and our ruling is 120mm unladen

but yes on the 100mm at lowest point rule full of people and fuel

Also would i still be able to pass with a front mount and a fujitsubo 3inch catback or am i going to have to swap them for the stock ones too?

And ive got a blitz pod but hopefully a CAI would be able to cover that.

As long as you didn't hack up the reo bar to fit the FMIC and it's supported well you should be fine. 3in catback should be ok too, unless it's stupidly loud...

Yep, make sure you have the pod filter bracketed down at two points as well.

LOL, I got so lucky with mine haha.

IMO, just do your best, make it look respectable (legal/clean as you can), go down with a good attitude (dress properly.. no thongs, singlets/cap backwards etc) talk to the guy, just bought it fixing it up for rego, stupid previous owner did that, so I fixed it it this etc etc.

If you still fail, you get a list of what NEEDS to be changed to pass, then you got 30? days to fix that list and you're sweet.

Edited by Ten Four

You heard correct, lowest part of car must be 100mm.

Pump lots of air into tyres....

Which part of the car is exactly the lowest part of the car? Is that the exhaust part?

I asked because my front lip is sitting at approximately 80mm off the flat ground level. :P

Edited by VNS 24

the mesh or the intercooler,or both?

Ive thought about this idea about painting the cooler black too but if it is good enough to pass pits doesn't that mean it should be alright with the cops?