SAU Community

Help Needed On Gold Coast

redevil

Hey guys hoping someone on the coast may be able to help me out just picked up my skyline from the panel shop last night and driving it home the temp guage got up to between the second highest and highest marks so luckily wasnt far from home so took her home and let it cooled down then to find out the panel shop hadnt put coolant in the radiator so this morning bled the system and filled it took it for another run and again getting hot.

When I picked it up from the panel shop it was blowing a little bit of steam out the exhaust when first started but just thought that was because it had been sitting for a few days. When I was bleeding it in the garage and it was running didn't seem to be blowing any steam from the exhaust.

Just wondering if someone would be able to help me out and check a few things I'm pretty mechanically minded but not really good a checking for stuff. More than happy to shout a few drinks or something for someone to help out.

Also if in the case it has cracked the head gasket where do I stand with the panel shop as they replaced the radiator and told me they had filled it up and had been driving it to make sure it was ok. So obivously they had been driving it with no coolant in it as there is no evidential leaks.

Also on a side note when the radiator was almost empty the resoviour still had coolant in it would this be a sign of anything???

I wouldn't be too worried about the steam. It's normal if the car has not been driven very much. The condensation builds up inside the mufflers and it will burn out.

They probably didn't bleed the system correctly so it may have only been down a litre or two. It is also possible your radiator cap is faulty.

When you say they had put no coolant in, do you mean there was no coolant or no fluid at all?