SAU Community

R34 Led Tail Lights

lol i dont get it. you said you dont want LED's, but you just swapped out to LED's? Got a pic of them on by any chance?

You know how for the big red ring, it is one filament bulb, and the small red ring, is two filament bulbs? I swapped all of those out for LED bulbs - as opposed to actually getting nismo LED lights. So, now the rings are much brighter - but there is no 'LED pattern'.

I'll get a pic up soon, might be going for a quick shoot this weekend. I doubt it will look very different to stock, from a pic, but to the naked eye, it is a much more intense and brighter red.

^as for above, don't nismo items usually have 'nismo' somewhere on them!? yours look pretty good in terms of build quality though, very clean.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how for the big red ring, it is one filament bulb, and the small red ring, is two filament bulbs? I swapped all of those out for LED bulbs - as opposed to actually getting nismo LED lights. So, now the rings are much brighter - but there is no 'LED pattern'.

I'll get a pic up soon, might be going for a quick shoot this weekend. I doubt it will look very different to stock, from a pic, but to the naked eye, it is a much more intense and brighter red.

where did you get the LED's? ebay? was it a straight replacement of the filament bulb? never knew that was an option! lol

Surely you've replaced other bulbs on your car? ie. interior lights, parker lights, licence plate lights? Same thing for the tail lights. Just bulbs. So yes, ebay. Except for the big ring (single bulb) I managed to get a very unique LED bulb - my mate had them custom made for his car by AXIS (i think) in japan, and so they're a one off - but he's selling his car so i got the bulbs =)

Surely you've replaced other bulbs on your car? ie. interior lights, parker lights, licence plate lights? Same thing for the tail lights. Just bulbs. So yes, ebay. Except for the big ring (single bulb) I managed to get a very unique LED bulb - my mate had them custom made for his car by AXIS (i think) in japan, and so they're a one off - but he's selling his car so i got the bulbs =)

Yeh I have, just never knew people swapped tail light bulbs. Come to think of it, it's a pretty obvious thing to do lol *stupidme*

Do you know what type bulbs the tails were? T10? I replaced one bulb before, but that was a while ago.

Aaaaand i know i asked before, but.... pics? :P haha

The big ring (really wish there was a more...professional name) takes T20 bulbs - just search T20 single/dual filament bulbs, same as the indicators - and the small ones are 2xT10s, so same as parkers. I got this set, as with most of my LEDs for any purpose - been buying from this shop for years and pretty good quality for a very good price, and bulk buying is often very good. Pro tip: buy a 10-pack of LED SMDs, and convert your interior dome/reverse lights =D

and yes, will get pics soon enough!

Lol, me so far:

front parker lights

front xenon lights

interior dome light

map light

instrument cluster lights

triple meter lights

climate control lights

hazard switch light

glove box light

reverse lights

boot interior light

cigarette lighter light

ignition barrell light

rear license plate light

and im sure i've missed some..

I am LED master :D . Yes they are all available online :)

The big ring (really wish there was a more...professional name) takes T20 bulbs - just search T20 single/dual filament bulbs, same as the indicators - and the small ones are 2xT10s, so same as parkers. I got this set, as with most of my LEDs for any purpose - been buying from this shop for years and pretty good quality for a very good price, and bulk buying is often very good. Pro tip: buy a 10-pack of LED SMDs, and convert your interior dome/reverse lights =D

and yes, will get pics soon enough!

Sweet, thanks for the info. Will defs get it done when i get the time.

With the pack of SMD's to convert the reverse lights, will i need to modify it, or will it be straight replacement? I see on the store that he sells dome light LED;s, which I'm assuming is a straight replacement of the original?

Would like to see how bright they are first before i get some though :P

I've changed my interior dash and climate control, HID headlights, and parkers so far.

fusion, i'm very interested in your hazard lights and glove box lights - can you share your links to the bulbs?

Hazard switch light i used from 666dans LED package (the climate control pack IIRC), he has some really small ones in it, just needed a bit of soldering to fit.

Glove box is just a T5 wedge from jaycar IIRC!

Edited by fusion07

I may have confused you regarding the naming of SMDs...what i meant was, convert the single-bulb reverse light into a panel LED, as seen here.

and GHO5T, 666DAN doesn't own the store anymore.

Sweet thanks! Simple as soldering the 2 pos and neg wires together from each panel, and soldering them to the main pos and neg of the original connector...right?

I vaguely remember seeing this around somewhere on these forums, but didn't take too much interest til now lol. I've tinted my reverse lights, so brighter LED's would be perfect for actual illumination when reversing at night.

Yeah, pretty much just splice the pos/neg of one panel onto the pos/neg of the other panel, but because the panels already have sockets/connectors, don't remove both, just splice one panel ONTO another one - if you have two sitting in front of you you'll know what i mean. Don't snip off the socket from BOTH panels.

I followed the tutorial as shown by Charles, pretty easy in fact I didn't even really follow it, it's just logic! BTW 192 LEDs is no use if your window tint is too dark.............feck

Alright sweet! The connector that comes with both panels is direct plug & play?

The tint on my reverse lights aren't too dark. Had a good look after i put the tint film on, and it showed up fine. It wasn't that expensive tint, just cheap ones from ebay because i had some left over. Did the job of a small addition to my murdered out look lol.

But i actually might take them off seeing as though I do like the crystal look of a clean reverse light! :P

btw darksky, where abouts in nsw are you from? I haven't seen a lot of other black 34's roaming the streets.

I meant window tint, not reverse light tint! My windows are dark enough that at night even with the LEDs i can barely see sh(t, i have to put the windows down - and then, it's like daytime.

Located in the northern parts, around Ryde/Gordon! Hopefully see you on a cruise or an event or something?

I meant window tint, not reverse light tint! My windows are dark enough that at night even with the LEDs i can barely see sh(t, i have to put the windows down - and then, it's like daytime.

Located in the northern parts, around Ryde/Gordon! Hopefully see you on a cruise or an event or something?

OHhhhhh right! Yeh my window tint isn't too bad. I think it was 35% or something...

Yeh, i should probably join as a SAU member so i know when cruises/events are. I never know when the skyline ones are on :( I'm from Stanhope area. See plenty of 33's roaming around here lol.

Anyways! Hope to get some LED's in soon and brighten up my sky's booty

I may have confused you regarding the naming of SMDs...what i meant was, convert the single-bulb reverse light into a panel LED, as seen here.

and GHO5T, 666DAN doesn't own the store anymore.

I own the store now so if you need anything let me know.

I have some T20 (24)Leds that replace the brake lamp.

Also can source the Qest lights direct from Japan.