SAU Community

Bare Block Number Dilemma ?

I want to buy a bare block or even possibly a sub assembly, jus the bottom end with the rods crank pistons and rings and bearings and block from Nissan ?

So i enquire get a price from two suppliers in Japan, they mention that, this bare assembly block and or the short block assembly comes with out a engine number ? Or serial number.

So this is great if that means i can stamp my original engine number on the block as it is going to be a nur engine, being placed in a Nur car ....

But my customs officials wont be happy that i have imported an engine from Nissan that doesnt have a engine number or a block that doesnt have a engine number /Serial Number on its name plate/serial plate?

By rights that should mean that i can request Nissan Japan to Stamp the block with my original block number proving i own the car ? As the first block that came in the car has a hole in it ?? Conrod through the block ?

What should i do or what would you guys do ?.????

Should i request original nissan documention with the sale from the suppliers stating a New bare block from nissan with no engine number then stamp it here ?

Or request and insist on the engine number being put on by nissan japan to original engine Number as the old one has died ?

Good point will give them a call, but from experience from people out there that have done this is it possible for nissan to stamp the block from the factory ? or am i asking for the impossible ?

I dont really know what the normal procedure is so hence im asking, and if nissan cant stamp it what have guys in Aussie done ? have they imported and stamped original engine number into a new fresh block ?

Have called customs they say they have never imported an engine with out a engine number before, so i have been thinking about this and thinking really hard infact even had some sleepless nights about this too, want to contact nissan and prove to them i own the car reg books etc etc, then make a special request to purchase a engine block from them with my original engine number, considering this car is a vspec II and my original engine block has a hole in it i cannot use it at all, so if i say i am a collector and want to maintain the car as it was from factory and tell them that i cannot use the old engine block and will need another one is it possible for them to stamp it with my original engine number after production ?

I know they are a big corporate but surely in japan when some one with a car has a problem they take it to nissan they repair the car, after that im sure they have replaced the block with another and it is stamped before it goes into the car and im sure its the same engine number that the original engine block was ?

Ideally i need some one in japan that can request from Nissan what they do under the circumstances of a catastrophic engine failure and how they deal with engine numbers, in the uk it doesnt mean anything because the only things that are important in the uk are the fact that the chassis number is intact what a bummer.

So my only choice is to write a proposal so my one supplier has requested submitt and hope for the best ?

Can any one else shed some ideas and what they would do in this same position ?

How about this;

Get the block delivered to a workshop in japan

Tell them the number to stamp it with

They stamp it

Then you get TNT to pickup from their shop

Import as normal through local customs

Scratch the number off the busted block

?