SAU Community

What Eng Cover Colour

Ok doing a bit work on the line (read thread, R TUNES build 2.0), am painting the car gunmetal grey, and while ive got some of the eng parts off (timing belb, water pump, and ceramic coating parts) im gona dress the engine bay up.

Im undecided on what colour to paint the rocker cover. Am currently thinking intake mainfol wrinkle black along with the IC piping, strut brace recromes and end paltes in gumetal (or same as rocker cover). Radiator is alloy, and will be getting blue silicon radiator hoses.

Im thinking, silver or bayside blue for the eng cover.

Any other ideas are welcome.

I just did mine all in silver, aluminum colour actually, I think it looks clean.

was also considering the blue to match strut brace, but it needs alot of polished stuff to make the blue work whereas silver goes well with black.

Im still considering doing everything in black as well, it looks pretty mean with a grey car.

I did a few things with wrinkle black initially, can be hard to get right especially on curvy stuff, my fornt cover came up ok in it but i tried painting my cooler pipe with it and it was a disaster, just couldnt get an even wrinkle..I gave up on it in the end and sanded it back, it makes a great undercoat :)

post-65674-0-90872400-1302436377_thumb.jpg

Im thinking i might do the crossover pipe silver too waddayarekn?

Thats an interesting idea ..hmm

I mean the front crossover pipe over the fan, i was going to leave it black but i had it all sanded back to metal (had it welded up yesterday to get rid if the joiner) today and it kinda looked alright silver cause it matched the standard crossover pipe..

Its sitting in primer now awaiting my decision :unsure:

silver it is :yes:

Anyway back to brendans car, have you considered a bronze copper style colour..it matches with grey would go well with wrinkle black and your orange indicators would help tie it all together.

this is kind of the colour im thinking>>post-65674-0-68910700-1302518380_thumb.jpg

As an added bonus it would definately be different, I feel blue has been done to death...maybe if copper is too much consider a bronze or tungsten, or even a light gold...

Yeah every one fucking does blue, including me :P

So did I,

WRX blue !

But that's as close as I'll ever get to a Subaru.

Left over paint anyway.

Do you think I've ruined my car ???

or made it slower ..

post-25026-0-67885000-1302520076_thumb.jpg

Edited by conan7772

You could do all the piping silver/chrome/polished and then as close as possible gun matal grey for the covers. Either powdercoated or use the metalcast grey (if you can get it)

Just my opinion but I've always thought the cam covers look better if they are the same colour (or close) as the body colour, depending on the colour of the car like white on white would look funny know what I mean.

Arthur I can't post pics from my phone can you chuck up that engine bay pic I sent you as an example?

yeah, few poeple said it looks ok so figured id just fix up my stuffups and a few details and keep it the way it is for now..

i think sometimes I can get to critical of my own work so its easy to get a bit obsessive.. Im sure you know what thats like...lol

im painting the airbox gloss black and thinking maybe one of those CF cooling panel (can u get non CF ones) to hide my cooler and try stop at that for a while..maybe concentrate on other things that need fixing..

i know its not as flashy as some of you guys but the style i was going for was to make it look like the factory design very unassuming.. So if someone that didnt know looked under the bonnet they would think it was meant to look that way and it was just very clean. If i take my strut brace and mags off u would be forgiven for thinking the car is stock..apart frommy huge exhaust...:)