SAU Community

Water Pump Flow Rates

I don't have AC as I need to run new lines(Manifold doesn't clear). The condenser and pump are in, just needs new lines and gassed up.

I have tried another hub - The original hub that I had had leaked and wasn't locking up. I can def hear the fan roaring when I rev it in traffic. I've also tested this - As soon as the engine is turned off, the fan stops spinning, indicating its 'locked up'.

The shroud is securely screwed into the radiator - I guess what I could do is put some foal sealant around the edges of the shroud, but on my old 26 setup, I had the identical setup, and no issues at all. Its only with my new motor.

As you can imagine, I have almost tried everything here. This is the fan that I run for my AC:

https://thermofans.com.au/products/ef8916

Its pretty damn beefy. When its on, I can see and feel the hot air by the windscreen with the bonnet closed. Pretty damn loud too.

Absolutely put foam between the core and radiator.  I sealed it to the core everywhere that was possible.  Look at where the air is drawn out by the fan.  There is huge sections where the shroud doesnt make contact with the core.  That all needs to be sealed, behind the AC condensor fan especially, but all round the outside.  I used a variety of different thickness rubber strips from a rubber shop.

Everywhere the fan can draw air from that it a path of less resistance than drawing through the core, it will do just that.

Worst, the air that bypasses the core is cooler than air that passes through the core.  This cools the air that would be making your clutch fan work properly.

I hope that makes sense.

Top and bottom like this pic.

Also vertically each side of the core so that the rubber compresses when the shroud is bolted on.  

Finally that section behind the AC fan ALL needs to be sealed off.  Don't worry about covering a little bit of the core with rubber.  The surface area is still there, and ensuring COOL incoming airflow (and not bypassed or recirculating hot air) is far more important than a few square inches of core.

image.jpeg

On 14/06/2022 at 7:05 PM, Predator1 said:

Cool thanks. I think what I'll do is replace the pulley, and while I'm there, I'll stick some foam in while the radiator is out.

Where did you get the billet pulley from? Maybe I'll just buy that.

Sorry I can't remember where I got it from.