SAU Community

This Section Is A Little Slow - Anything New?

Blitz_boy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random question/rant....

How the hell do these guys manage to get cars like the following through compliance and registration???

And

I wouldn't believe for a second that these cars would've been bought back to stock then complied!

Yeah I understand exactly what you're trying to say...

Importing a car with a few bolt on goodies (wheels, intake, exhaust) can be swapped around during compliance.

However cars with masses of bolt bits like the ones above is just ridiculous!

I'd love to see the stock ECU swapped back into the GTR for compliance then having the HKS VCam re-installed without having to fly over a Japanese tuner himself to set everything back up!

It surprises me after all these years that people can still get away with things like this :wacko:

Well if i'm ever in the market for a highly modded import, might as well just use these guys without having to worry about possible compliance or rego hurdles :ph34r:

Edited by @ndrew

Yeah I understand exactly what you're trying to say...

Importing a car with a few bolt on goodies (wheels, intake, exhaust) can be swapped around during compliance.

However cars with masses of bolt bits like the ones above is just ridiculous!

I'd love to see the stock ECU swapped back into the GTR for compliance then having the HKS VCam re-installed without having to fly over a Japanese tuner himself to set everything back up!

It surprises me after all these years that people can still get away with things like this :wacko:

Well if i'm ever in the market for a highly modded import, might as well just use these guys without having to worry about possible compliance or rego hurdles :ph34r:

plenty of people doing the wrong thing..

I have seen cars that have NOTHING done to them earn a purple plate. thats fine. I tend to take a lot of photos and send them to DIT in canberra, after that the offending shop gets a rather nasty phone call I'm told.

Is there anything wrong with a car being made standard to be complied and then after compliance has been done modified as the dealer sees fit and then sold on ?

depends on your view of things.

one if hte cars I had at the time had no kid bolts fitted, no side indicators,no fluids done and the brakes were not done.

if you wnat a car like that - good for you. I do not.

plenty of people doing the wrong thing..

I have seen cars that have NOTHING done to them earn a purple plate. thats fine. I tend to take a lot of photos and send them to DIT in canberra, after that the offending shop gets a rather nasty phone call I'm told.

But from the videos these guys have been posting on youtube over the years it appears nothings been done to stop them??!?

Take this for example... And I quote "I've got an R34 GTR straight from the HKS factory" - "What's been done to it - it's got whatever HKS can throw at it"

And Chris that video was posted in DEC 2008.

It must suck to be an honest import broker/compliance centre when you miss out on importing track spec GTR's, EVO's and S15 because your doing the right thing and following the rules...

depends on your view of things.

one if hte cars I had at the time had no kid bolts fitted, no side indicators,no fluids done and the brakes were not done.

if you wnat a car like that - good for you. I do not.

totally agree with that.

Kid seat bolts, side indicators fluids etc are all things that are a safety issue and are basic 101 roadworthy issues.

What I meant was,

Person X imports car,

does all of the above + return car to stock.

car is then ok for australian roads.

Person X then puts a nice off the shelf exhaust on the car, maybe a nice set of wheels with new tyres and put's said car in his dealership.

I don't really see anything wrong in that sort of sense.

^^^No, nothing is wrong with doing that... IF:

the car has passed compliance in standard form, and been registered in standard form too..

if AFTER REGISTRATION the car has had 19x12 rims, hippari tyres, pod fmic catback, 5grade tint, coilovers, and a rocket pod mounted to the door...

...then that's okay UNTIL the police pull you over - and book you for violation section 19 rule 4:

Ridin' Durtay.

as far as DIT are concerned, once a car is complied, their job as a federal transport agency is done...

andas Chris said, when people do the wrong thing, hard working people like chris take photos of it and tell the DIT (formerly dotars in case you're wondering who DIT are) sends the pics in

...and as chris said - DIT then give them a nasty phone call and tell them to not to do that again. and unfortunately for the DIT it's quite difficult to prove where the ball was dropped... esp if the dodgy RAWS won't accept responsibility, all they need to do is pass the buck and give the inspectors / investigators the run around and stall them..

(it works for a short while, not forever)

and nee-san i will PM you but there's not much to talk about really :P

and chris - it's funny you mention about the dodgy complied cars with purple plates cos this one fella i know got given two cars with no restraint points no cats no fluids no mirrors no nothing!

...but this guy DID get a nice evidence package saying it was all done! :) i hear that the guy im talking about had a wonderufl time registering the the cars too when the evidence package married up with absolutely nothing at all with the physical car!!! :) :)

but anyway - let's not get too far into slagging off certain dodgy RAWS run by immigrants trying to durk our durbs. let's talk about fun stuff like how Nee-San is going to buy me a JZS147 Crown :)

fwoor?

p1.jpg

fwoor.

c0211495_2523898.jpg?w=640&h=426

FWOOR!!!!

p5.jpg

PS - it's not often that i "spam" posting auction pages... but i tried to get my mate to throw a bid out on this car... he reckons he can't afford it..

it's a pre 88 auction so this would effectively be REALLY cost effective..

but will someone PLEASE FREAKING BUY THIS!?!?!

goes up on wednesday :)

clicky click

^^^japan scares me - it worries me to know that that 23 year old nissan, looks newer than your mums 2 year old Hyundai.

nice,

so what do you guys think about importing at the moment? is it the right 'time'? the yen is at ~87 to the AUD atm, prob highest in the last few month. i kinda just jumped into after i couldnt find the right r34 gtr in aus. i though importing would give me wayy more options, but im not getting much atm lol

*licks my finger n puts it in the air*

*gets out my Y shaped stick and points it north*

...yep. feels like the right time to import :)

a fluctuation in currency doesn't make that much of a difference in the big scheme of things man :)

say you spend a few hundred or save a hundred here n there cos of currency fluctuation, it pales into insignifigance when you factor in cost of car, cost of shipping, compliance, taxes etc etc...

while it is nice to get any savings of any sort - dont hedge "whether or not you import a car" on if the aud is buying 82/87 yen :)

if you see the car you want and it's the car of your dreams and you can see a justifyable cause to put it onto a boat and import it to australia - currency rates won't mean anything :)

thanks for that mate,

i guess havent really done the numbers to work out the difference between 75-87 yen, looking at the bigger picture, seems you are indeed correct. couple hundred extra or less isnt much to find the 'right' car :)

just wish i had started the imported process 2-3 months ago instead of wasting time waiting for the right gtr to pop up in aus lol

haha - can always go buy a Camry man! :P

and yes - i too was annoyed when i decided to import a soarer... because i'd let so many go in japan thinking i was going to find "the one" in australia...

and then ironically once i started looking in japan for one, they had completely dried up!

in the 5 months i spent searching for one there was a total of three that i would've considered... two were out of my price range, ironically i ended up getting my favourite one of all time - and for a price i was MORE than happy with :)

hang in there little one. it will be worth it!

haha thats gives me a bit of hope!

there are good exmaples here in aus but the asking price is a bit riduculous with some. Another funny thing is, looking through 2010 sales, GTR acutally went for a lot less than what people are asking now??? it's like a the sellers are 'just going with the crowd' interms of their asking price. how can the average asking price of GTR r34 go up by roughly 5k asking price in a matter of 6 months. there was only 1 reasonable one that i like, but that one's colour had to be at the bottom of my list dammit.

i just cant wait til i finally get one in my hands. been dreaming of having one since i was like 14 lol

which would make you about my age / younger, yes???

im an 85 baby...

you??

gimme a sec i'll work my magic fingers.

what's your budget for landed n complied?