SAU Community

Engine Cutting Out Randomly

rbboy_23

Hey guys, other night i had a problem where my r33 gtst was just turning off when i would idle at the traffic lights, but start fine as soon as i cranked it over (so cant be the alternator or battery), but this happens very rarely sometimes i just leave it idle for 30+ min and come back and its off, seems to only happen when wamred up. My mechanics couldnt diagnose what would cause this. Checked AFM/AFM wiring, ECU errors came up with nothing, ECU all plugs are fine, battery charging normally.

The second part and is probably related, when driving you would lose all throttle response yet maintain the revs, you can still open throttle (see boost go back to 0 psi), no error lights go on you just coast along. I found you can jump start it when it does this by shifting to a lower gear, otherwise when you come to a stop it just conks out then sometimes doesnt start for a minute or 2, THEN i can drive the rest of the way home fine...

Before i go buying a whole bunch of parts to work out what it is thought id check if anyone else had these problems, ideas are fuel pump or CAS or fuel delivery or ignitor

Please help

Cheers Josh

Cliffs:

Car dies when idling

Lose throttle response once or twice when driving

Hard to repeat these problems for a mechanic to see what im talking about

fuel delivery fades away, splutters etc, so its more likely to be electrical. If its an earlier gts25t then I'd think ignitor or loom. ppl on here have had issues with both ignitor boxes and plug looms befor

do you have a turbo timer fitted? could be it as well?