SAU Community

R33Gts-T Boost Gauge

Hey guys noob question here i was in my mates gtr r33 manual and while we were kicking around i was watching the cluster and his boost gauge was going up and down like mad etc now question is (recently only brought a skyline new to it) didnt wanna embarrass myself by asking him lol so ,i have a auto gts-t and i noticed my gauge sits on 0 and slightly moves... hardly at all is my gauge dodgy or is it because its a auto or? And yes the turbo works.... It's all stock with a blitz turbo timer

If it constantly sits on zero, even on idle the gauge is not working.

Could either by a faulty gauge or as simple as the vacuum line in the engine bay being broken (in which case you will most likely have a vacuum leak).

when driving in any gear and you floor it the guage should move to around +3 on the stock guage

this is around 350mmhg under 4500rpm and then to around +5 after 4500rpm

• 4 weeks later...

"Update" Yea guys was a vacuum leak from the manifold... was a obvious split hose which was funny because the mechanic(ultra tune there so ultra... they don't tune skylines lol..) which just did the service said there wasn't a vacuum leak and was trying to tell me it could be something to do with something behind the cluster... fed up with the issue i purchased a boost gauge and was gonna install it myself by reading the posts on here so what do i find spilt when tracing the line from that little black box...... was in plain sight how the mechanic missed it is beyond me... sometimes it is just better to do things yourself.. Oh i no longer take my car to that mechanic anymore...

Cheer's for the help guys

Why is that? i heard somewhere it cuts off for a sec as in not to put to much stress on the gearbox? Dunno if there's any truth to that but something along those lines