SAU Community

New Problem, Turbo Heat Problems

ok so, i got a rb20det, and the engine temp is fine not over heating. but the water line to the turbo is boiling, i can hear it and when i touch it, its moving so thats pretty hot but i thought it should be the same temp as the motor cos the lazer temp reader was reading the water hose that runs from the turbo to the motor at 199 degrees... should i worry?

Edited by andyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

a misfire as in your other thread causes unburnt fuel to exit the engine and be burnt when it hits the exhaust which may be heating the turbo up more than the engine.

true but i have fixed that miss fire, so that shouldnt be the case anymore....?

a misfire as in your other thread causes unburnt fuel to exit the engine and be burnt when it hits the exhaust which may be heating the turbo up more than the engine.

Edited by andyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

the temp of the metal line coming out of the turbo may well be higher than the actually coolant temp. that said, if you are worried, get yourself an aftermarket water temp gauge. as long as the overall coolant temp is ok i think that is the main thing, but you might be best off posting in the forced induction section.