SAU Community

Reving The Engine With Timing Lock On

Hey all, i recently put an rb25 in my 32, after stuffing around with the wiring i gave up and bought a microtech lt12s with handcontroller and wired it all up, the previous owner was making 350kw off the tune thats on it but had bigger inj, ect, first start it ran rough as and blew a butt load of black smoke, the overall fuel trim was set at -25, i raised it till it idled smoothly ending up at +35%, after i had it running fine i drove it home (did the work at a mates house because he had a shed) when i got home i scrolled threw the controller and saw that the Timing Lock was set to on, i remember reading the microtech site and it said DO NOT REV THE ENGINE WHILE TIMING LOCK IS ON, so now im worried have i done damage??? when i drove it home i babied it, had it set to 6psi and didnt go past 6k revs, as i defently need a tune. Also, anyone know any good microtech tuners in qld? cheers.

Edited by 51NNA

Timing lock should only be used to set base timing. Turn it off.

It doesnt sound right because u would be driving around with 15degrees of timing. Would be really lazy down low.

Shouldnt have done any damage.

Turn it off and get a tune

its off now and yes it was mega lazy downlow till it hit boost, i was thinking it was the tune that was in it but it was probly the timing lock, glad it didnt do any damage, thanks bud.

I wouldve loved to see the EGT's with the timing lock set, wouldve been nice an toasty.

LOL @ 6000rpm and +ve pressure, untuned and with a timing lock on.

Haha the roads were wet and there is about 5 roundabouts on the way home, seimi slicks in the wet is hard to get traction lol

Haha the roads were wet and there is about 5 roundabouts on the way home, seimi slicks in the wet is hard to get traction lol

L2 control your right foot then.

Its not hard.