SAU Community

Vacume And Coolant Lines Size And Rough Length

simjim89

Hello all

looking to change all my vacume lines and coolant lines around engine ect does anyone know pipe diamiter sizes and a rough estimate on how much i will need ?

Thankyou

Edited by simjim89

LOL i would have some super problems if they were hahahahaha nah one of them is probs leaking i think but there all pritty dry and brittle ... im a bit finiky now that im learning more "2nd year shit kicker" I dont need all the individual lengths just a rough over all ... i thought most vac lines would have roughlhy the same size diamiter ? might have to do some more investigating .... bugger manufacturer ill just find some kool colours and cut it properly

Mate best bet is to pull them all off take them to a hose shop and go i need one of each :)

Yeah thats probs what ill end up doing ..... got mate up road who stoks heaps of that stuff .... was just hopeing that someone might know so i could avoid having to go back and fourth (doing massive service in one day and pre bulking parts lol)

I did all mine on the R33 but the R34 engine is probably bit different. I used mostly generic hoses straight and right angle sections - there is also one 135 degree section. don't forget the water line joins for the turbo feed line at the back of the head (if the R34 has that one). That is normally the first to leak - and the heater hoses and 4-way join at the bottom rear of the block under the intake manifold.

All-in-all....good luck. I'm glad I did all mine at once in the end.

You'll want to use genuine heater hoses (4 of them on the R33). These are intricately shaped and almost impossible to replicate with regular hose without kinking.

Edited by simpletool

When I did my greddy copy plenum I replaced all my vacuum lines with blue turbosmart ones.

Got a pack of 4mm, 5mm and 6mm which was good to replace all the vac lines. They come in black if you want to keep it looking stock

Yeah the qld section has been a bit dead lately. Haven't heard from many of the guys since they got back from airlie. Think next time we will organize it a bit better lol

I should have gone and scouted some good spots for photos, rookie mistake lol