SAU Community

R34 - Difficult Starting When Warm

Lina34

My r34 has always had a crappy habit which is starting to get a bit annoying. For some reason when its warm its a real pain to start. Seems ok if you start it immediately after driving but after leaving it for 5 minutes (up to about an hour), it can be really difficult and take a fair bit of cranking to get it going.

Car is a 98 R34 GTT 5 manual - stock except for 3" cat back, filter and a bit more boost.

Problem hasn't really changed and has remained the same in the 2 years I have had the car.

Plugs and fuel filter are relatively new, made no difference. Injectors cleaned (on car), no difference.

The car starts perfectly when cold and doesn't miss or stutter under boost. Slight intermittent miss at idle like a lot of skylines seem to.

Any help appreciated,

Renee.

Thats a good point. I will investigate. The car has always had a pod the whole time I have had it. I haven't seen the air temp sensor around so I wonder what they have done with that.

Is it an electronic type sensor on this car or a vacuum hose leading elsewhere like some cars?

• 1 year later...