SAU Community

Need Some Help

I currently have a r33 rb25 with a 3076 .82 IW with supporting mods

as i prodomitly use it for drift, i would like some more response/less lag

i have tried a .63 IW on the rear but my tuner could'nt get it to hold boost

ive also tried a HKS low mount manifold with ext. gate but the turbo hits the engine mount

car is currently making 282rwkw @ 17psi and 449nm full boost at 3900rpm

so what i would like to know is whats my best option for more response

im not paricually worried in big numbers as i dont want to build an engine

HKS cams step 1

6boost low mount

or

2871/2876

im thinking their my options atm

which would be the best?

I find it quite odd you couldn't get the .63 to hold. It should no problem.

But if you want more response, get a 3071 with a .63, that'll be round the 250rwkw marker and you expect it on 200-400rpm sooner. Might not seem much but it'll also be sharper on/off throttle too.

Yeah I don't get either

I was told it's cause the gas is flowing out the turbine so easily and not going out the IW hole.

I have a straight through 3 inch with twin 2.5 inch after diff

Also I was told cams can be a little hit and miss for my application, has anyone else found this?

• 4 weeks later...

What would be the reasoning behind the fact that the.82 holds fine but .63 can't

wouldnt that be an actuator problem?? might not be the right one for that boost level.. my tuner told me a gt35 would be on full boost by 4000rpm, so i thought a gt30 would be there by 3500

Edited by SliverS2

To use a HKS cast low mount you have to shave the engine mount. We've all done this and it works fine. Or you strap it to a 25/30 and the extra height in the block lets the turbo clear it anyway.

I took off approx. 10mm using a small angle grinder and a sanding disc - cover everything before doing this dust goes everywhere.

Check ATR43SS1 from HyperGear apparantly that made 24psi by 3500RPMs internally gated maxing at 267rwkws fit stock manifold and dump. That appears to be the best option for response if you aren't chasing high top ends.

Edited by GeorgesR34

x2 shave the engine mount for the HKS manifold with a GT30/35 sized turbo.

The 0.63 with an external gate should hold fine have you tried this combo. IW 0.63 GT3076's are known for having some issues with boost control.

Never tried doing FNT on Garrett units. That should make a massive down low differences without changing top end or any of your original setup. else run .63 rear with a big 50mm gate which should also increase response without dropping much top end and torque.