SAU Community

Skyline R34 Gt Aftermarket Turbo Kit For Neo Rb25De Motor

hello there, I am currently a new member to this forum and I was wondering if anybody knows if there are after market turbo kits to suit a currently NA Nissan skyline R34 GT, manual, coupe. (NEO RB25DE) motor. If so what brands and how much roughly in terms of costing? The reason I ask this is because I am currently on green P's and I am looking at purchasing a Nissan skyline R34 GT with the (NEO RB25DE) as i can not drive the turbo model on my P's. It's a car that I would consider modding it ect once I am off greens and was wondering if there is after market turbo kits for this model of skyline that i can look at adding later on down the track, any information would be useful. Thank you.

there is no turbo kits as put it. you need to purchase a lot of individual parts to do the conversion. it is much cheaper to sell the NA and buy a gt-t. natro skylines generally sell for similar money to turbo skylines, where as it would cost you quite a few thousand to buy all the parts required to turbo your natro. a new turbo alone will cost well over $1000 (closer to $2000, or more) for a ball bearing turbo and around $1000 for a bush bearing turbo, not including the water and oil lines, manifold, etc. realistacally speaking, expect the conversion to cost you $4000 or so if using a mix of new and used parts. a bit less if using all used parts.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I have been looking at some setting on the alarms for the Q60 and what buttons do and so and also been looking for details on the alarm in my V37 which is a standard issue with the car. settings like window roll up and a few others seem to not work at all. i cant seem to find exact info on V37 alarms so Q60 is all i can really go off i have not tried 400Z alarm settings or info yet so that will be next. any one got like a sheet of info on the alarm system in the V37 as all my documents are in japanese but i thought the system would basically be like standard through similar models? 
    • I had a fuel smell coming from the drivers rear and pulled the tank out to inspect where it was coming from, turns out the breather hose from the tank to the filler neck was perished. I’m going to Japan next week and I’ll grab it while I’m there  pulled the oil tank apart and started cleaning this crap out of it, some brake cleaner and rags got it looking new again 
    • Hmm. Was quite a few years ago now. I think I bought from a crowd in the US called CDT Audio. The speaker is the HD-6. The HD-6CF would have been the better option (based on T-S parameters), but they were discontinued in 4 ohm at that point in time. The HD-6 is a better driver in almost every other way (than the CF) - just not as good in IB. They still do the HD-6. They might even have a more suitable (for IB) option here.https://www.cdtaudio.com/cdtnew22/products/components/woofers/midwoofers/midwoofers.htm But, here's the rub. I was working in the US a lot back then, so I got them delivered to my US office and then just brought them back to OZ myself. I don't know if they will ship to OZ, and it probably wouldn't be great cost-wise anyway. As to results. They're driven direct off the rear channels of my headunit, because the headunit can be setup to run the rears as subs. So, not a lot of power being fed there. Nevertheless, there's no shortage of volume - the sub levels don't need or want to be boosted at all. The bass is definitely not what you would call "tight". It is definitely a bit delayed compared to a proper sub. But, with the great front soundstage and really good 6.5" woofers in the front doors, I'm getting most of the bass detail from the front and the rear is really only to extend the bottom end a bit. Works for what I'm doing. I mean - until recently you couldn't really hold a conversation in my car due to the fuel pump, and for many years I had tyres so noisy (Kumho KU36 at <50 tread depth) that I had to drive with earplugs anyway!
    • curious to know what drivers you chose and the results? quik mafs, says two 6.5s should roughly equate somewhere between a single 8" or 10" driver. i agree that IB is definitely the way to go in most cars imo.
    • S13 and R32 rear suspension geometry is horrible once you lower it (which everyone does). The camber & toe out ramp is very aggressive, hence it's common for the S13 boys/girls to use a S14 or S15 subframe as the geometry is light years ahead. I'm sure the same can be done on R32s, but I don't know anyone that has done that.