SAU Community

Anyone Keen To Help For A Cost?

V8or4X4

Hmm, not gonna be an easy, quick fix. Anyone know the best place to get vac hoses? Are there any tips u guys can give me for the process? Seems like most of them are gonna be hard to get to. Bosszilla, what do u charge by the hour? ;)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude after doing an engine swap after having a big end go there are a f load of hoses you wont even realise are vaccume lines, two of which are hard up against the fire wall and there is no way in hell you can do them without pulling the motor out

i wouldnt mind hearing the issue your having cause it sounded like at first the problem mine had which was the alternator had gone so the car would get absolutly no power and ran rough as hell. but if its still starting then i guess that's not the issue other wise your battery would be dead by now

oh yeah nothing to be proud of but i just got made redundant to im not too busy atm till i get replacement work so i can come have a look too if your keen on any help ill bring my bastard child too (being my gtr)

Starts after a few engine turns but then sounds like it's gonna stall. There is also quite a loud tappetty sounding ticking noise that I don't remember coming out of the engine bay.. I have the manual including the vacuum setup and as you say, there are two I can't even really see.

What do you all recommend?

I'm going to check the vac lines I can get to and with any luck i'll find an easily accessible leak that'll solve my immediate problem so I can get it to a 100k service. :)

Jesse.

Nak, I'm totally free this arvo if your close by and it's not too much trouble. It'd be good to get another persons take on it before I go back to work.

My poor car hasn't moved in a few weeks now. :(

Had the same problem. Except mine was slightly worse. Haha had a head gasket go. Instead of getting a new top end with a shit bottom end and a load of kms still I jus thought ill buy a new motor all together.

Don't say that Ninja.. :P

Maybe next step is to try someones afms that are known to work. Any hands up? Hehe.

I really hope it's not gasket.

I'll check what time I have this week coming and hopefully I can book one of you guys in for an inspection. :)

Cheers guys, much appreciation for your time.

Jesse.

right put on a bbq and we all come over. Not saying we will get anything done but i cant resist a bbq. MMMMM bbq.

Serious, should have a few hours sat arvo more than happy to pop over with my tools a give it a go.

Alright then, a barby. I live an apartment block so We'l make it a carpark barby. :P hafta be when i get payed though..

How does one test the fuel pump for faults?

Jesse.