SAU Community

Anyone Keen To Help For A Cost?

V8or4X4

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry mate been a bit tied up try any work/tuning shops for a start i can still help you out with the coil packs or ignitor which ever one you needed lol

Well ideally I wanna try before I buy so I don't end up with parts I don't need. On big-boss-zilla's recommendation I need to test my crank angle sensor and my ignitor pack. I need to replace my coil pack loom as plug to coil pack one is annihilated. If anyone with a 32 Gtr is close by maylands with a bit of time I'd massively appreciate borrowing some parts for a few minutes. :)

Cheers Nak and all others helping.

Jesse.

Nope, I can't find em. Got some new sparkplugs so I'll check the old ones on the way out. Still need to find those parts though. I'm open to all suggestions. :)

Jesse.

I've got my car and all my parts at home now, so I have a CAS, an igniter and a coil harness that aren't on the engine yet.. but I still have no transport.

hey guys,

have you tried re earthing out the fuel pump?

If a gtr is anything like a s13 (sorry if that insults someone :P) then the ecu likes to vary the fuel pump voltage via the earth when the engine is in different states.

With a bad fuel pump earth, the car will start and idle but once it warms up (gets off cold idle) it will idle very poorly and eventually stall, especially if you give it accelerator.

If the fuel pump doesn't work like that in a 32gtr then ignore me otherwise this seriously takes 10mins to do and will eliminate that as a problem.

Cheers!

Awesome Bubba, when can I organize someone to pick you up? If your free to come along and lend your expertise thatd be helpful, otherwise I'll leave a deposit and borrow them? Up to you. I have a mate coming this weekend to have a look so it'd be great to syncranise that sheyat. :) I'll pm u my number and leave it with ya to tee it up. :) sick!!

Cheers for the headsup Trav, We'l be sure to take a good look at the pump and it's earthing. Any help is good help!

Keep you all posted.

Cheers.

Jesse.

ill be around on the weekend so

a) let me know if you need a hand or

b) if those parts dont amke a difference ill be happy to come over and keep on hunting for the prob.

Also if Bubba wants more than happy to goto his place and collect him/parts for the 'project'

Saturday morning or late Sunday afternoon would be best. I've got a paintball dinner at the Noble Falls Tavern Saturday evening then camping up at the field and training Sunday morning :thumbsup:

coil pack's is what i thinking its prob going to be.

I don't think it will be a gasket.

if it was a head gasket it would heat up fast and use alot of coolent. If it was sucking in unmetered air it would run rich as shit putting out a lot of black smoke.

my mate had a 23 with a bad igniter witch made his gtr seam like it had a miss fire and lose of power.

i would check out ur cas as well if they get to tight or seized the car will stop running

my mates gtr had a bad cas as well. when the timing belt was done the lost the rubber seal off the timing cover witch made the cas sit closer to the cam gear bolts and they rubbed on the cas

eating in to it a little making it very tight and just about to seize up

coil pack some times when old crack and when the car gets warm they expand.

Edited by whitenight27

Well still no good. When you guys get a chance(bubba and boss) can u guys post up your take on it? Maybe you will describe something better than me. I'm gonna trace some wires to check for leaks but other than that I'm at a total loss..! :(

Jesse.

basicly looks like a electrial problem in the computer loom. easy to fix pain in the a$$ to find. you could get a complete new loom or like we said look at the wires and make sure there is not one broken somewhere that is stopping the car from running. also check the afm wires and anything else in the engine bay. Not much you can do about it after 20 plus years they just ware out and crack.

if you decide to get a new/ish loom let me know wont take long to swop them over.

:thumbsup:

What Ross said.

To sumarise for others, we tried a known working CAS and Igniter and repaired Jesses' coil harness.. I'm pretty confident the issues doesn't lie there.

Discovered some exposed copper on a wire coming from the ECU, in the vicinity of some dodgy splices.

Also some exposed copper on a couple of the wires going to the CAS plug.

Basically, we got it started and it felt like it was running on 1 or 2 cylinders and sounded like it has a big exhaust leak too.

I would start with fixing any dodgy wires (or replace with a working loom) and try kick it in the guts again and see how it fares then.

Jesse > :domokun: < 20yo electrics