SAU Community

To Import Or Buy In Aus?

Viking1991

Remember that $4k profit on the car also covers the time necessary to find a nice, clean car, verify everything, service it, etc.

so they add around 4-5 grand on a car that they would have purchased ? or have i just totaly misread that haha

i would love to have a chat to them either way.. im not in the market of ripping people off...

but i just think hunting down THE car would be a bit of fun.. then maybe if i find one.. hand it over to them

beacuse from what ive heard they are bloody good at what they do ! :)

they shall be my first port of call and then ill make a move depending on how it goes

Nah I was just going off slippylotion's figures. I have no idea what they make on their cars.

Discuss your situation with Ben. Perhaps you can find the car and they'll bring it over and comply it for you?

The figures I'm using are totally fictional NOT actual hard figures. Just using them as an example for any company. I'm also not saying these are figures of Northshore nor another company.

Everything I'm talking about is just hypothetical.

The figures I'm using are totally fictional NOT actual hard figures. Just using them as an example for any company. I'm also not saying these are figures of Northshore nor another company.

Everything I'm talking about is just hypothetical.

I know :thumbsup:

Makes more sense when you have SOME figure. Although no idea what the markup is on these things.

I'm just trying to say, Northshore = worth it.

Personally I'd deal with Northshore direct.

We just bought a PM35 350RX from them, and it is simple as. No hassle, quick and easy. The car is fantastic, couldn't be happier.

Not sure Dunc, have to call Northshore and ask if Ben will comply a private import.

What a joke. Two cars, same power, weight and drive, one legal one not. Surely they have some back door to cover themselves there, so they can claim to have banned all M35s?

Ben won't comply a private PM35 import.

I asked early this year and he flat out said "no", which is understandable considering the risk they went to getting the evidence.

The PM35 is probably not on the banned list because they are not aware of them!

Ben won't comply a private PM35 import.

I asked early this year and he flat out said "no", which is understandable considering the risk they went to getting the evidence.

The PM35 is probably not on the banned list because they are not aware of them!

i can totaly understand where they are coming from in regards to the PM35... i wouldnt be doing it if it were my business either lol

but i was hoping perhaps to get compliance in regards to an AXIS or ARX.. not the PM35 versions..

and yeh the banned list probably wouldnt know about them, but still

its just rediculous to ban the ARX and NOT the 250t's or the AXIS versions. stupidity !

what more could you ego driven politicians sitting behinds desks though

its just rediculous to ban the ARX and NOT the 250t's or the AXIS versions. stupidity !

Id say the list was generated via an insurance company list of 'known cars'. Its not a comprehensive list, and if they were aware of the car it'd be banned.

Id say the list was generated via an insurance company list of 'known cars'. Its not a comprehensive list, and if they were aware of the car it'd be banned.

Or perhaps they are going by Redbook which doesn't seem to recognise anything other than the ARX

http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/results.aspx?Ns=p_Make_String|0||p_ClassificationType_String|0||p_Family_String|0||p_Year_String|1||p_SequenceNum_Int32|0&N=2994+4294947575+4294842967&TabId=1407342#ctl09_p_d_ctl04_ctl01_ctl02_ctl01_ctl02_cboMake=4294947575&ctl09_p_d_ctl04_ctl01_ctl02_ctl01_ctl02_cboModel=4294842967&ctl09_p_d_ctl04_ctl01_ctl02_ctl01_ctl02_cboYear=4294965791

I don't have access to Glass's Guide to see what is in there.