SAU Community

How Does Your Tcs Switch Work?

Hey Everyone!

Recently acquiring my R34 GTT I was told that the only known problem with the car was the TCS switch doesn't work. I was advised if I want to turn TCS off I would have to unplug a certain wire from under the bonnet.

IMG_0015.jpg

So my question is does the switch suppose to click into the opposite position? Because if I press it, it doesn't stay in that position. If this is normal does anyone have ideas on why the TCS wouldn't be working correctly? Do the switches normally fail or is this something to do with the BCM.

Thanks

Regards

Matt

Edited by mattcooper

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring this back up again, but I have the same thing happening to mine.

However, i don't even have a TCS icon lighting up in my dash, as I've read around there should be one?

Any way to diagnose, and if my traction control is actually on/off/working?

Sorry to bring this back up again, but I have the same thing happening to mine.

However, i don't even have a TCS icon lighting up in my dash, as I've read around there should be one?

Any way to diagnose, and if my traction control is actually on/off/working?

Do a skid :P

I had/have a traction control reverse circuit in the car, so automatically it is reversed and switched off when you start the car! Its still in the car but i dont have traction control any more since i went FFP! The traction control just slows you down!

I was actually attempting to burnout last night to test it, but the car just stalled abruptly when i popped the clutch. But I also wasn't sure how to tell if the traction control was on or not. Is that a sign that it was still on?

lol, also what is FFP? :rolleyes:

I was actually attempting to burnout last night to test it, but the car just stalled abruptly when i popped the clutch. But I also wasn't sure how to tell if the traction control was on or not. Is that a sign that it was still on?

lol, also what is FFP? :rolleyes:

No that is a sign you are doing it wrong :P

FFP = Forward Facing Plenum!

no, that's why im a bit confused. there is no TCS light coming on when i press the switch. is there a fuse for it that may be blown? if so, where can i locate it?

just check the bulb first, and test by turning on the ACC. swap it out with an existing bulb you know that works. having said that when i press my switch no light comes on, never did (well im not the first owner in AUS anyway) - but my friends told me that a lot of jap cars have TCS unplugged

just check the bulb first, and test by turning on the ACC. swap it out with an existing bulb you know that works. having said that when i press my switch no light comes on, never did (well im not the first owner in AUS anyway) - but my friends told me that a lot of jap cars have TCS unplugged

TCS is usless :P Unless you are a useless driver in which case it may save your life haha

I thought if TCS was unplugged it would be seen as an Error and bring the light on. But I guess someone could have pulled the light out as well