SAU Community

Mounting 4 Pt Harnes

R TUNE

Ok need some help on installing my sparco 4 pt harnes.

Just wona know were people have mounted the eye bolts so that it complies with cams.

Was going to use the stock seat mount points for the sholder strap and r/h lap strap and drill in to the tunnell for the left hand strap.

the other thing is i wont them to be easy to access to so i can remove it when not in use.

pics would help.

thanks brentt.

You should be able to use the factory location for the side straps on each side.

The shoulder straps on the other hand won't meet CAMS requirements if you use the rear seatbelt mounts, it is too far down. The safest place to mount them is at parcel shelf height, but the parcel shelf itself is not srong enough. Best idea is to buy or make a "harness bar" if you don't have a rollcage.

Why type of car are we talking about?

A harness bar is the best solution. Depending on the car they can bolt up to the upper rear belt holes.

I have jigs for most common nissans to make them

• 4 weeks later...

You should be able to use the factory location for the side straps on each side.

The shoulder straps on the other hand won't meet CAMS requirements if you use the rear seatbelt mounts, it is too far down. The safest place to mount them is at parcel shelf height, but the parcel shelf itself is not srong enough. Best idea is to buy or make a "harness bar" if you don't have a rollcage.

I am 184cm tall, and I have adjusted my seat to a decent distance from the steering wheel, not like a Chapel street cruiser, and the angle from the seat to the rear bottom seat belt bolts from the horizontal is 38degrees - and CAMS states a maximum of 40deg, and with 0-10deg being a recommended range.

If a driver is shorter chances are his seat will be even further forward, hence the angle will be less than what I have.

Edited by rehab2010