SAU Community

Matsuri 2Nd July

mungy

loaded and ready to go! keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

was decent, when track dried up was good alot of cars shredding tyres down the straight.. feel sorry for the guy who rolled quite lucky the roof only caved in the passenger side and the silvia and chaser that had the collision. unlucky :(

Despite the rain, Mallala was the most packed I've ever seen, so clearly the Matsuri idea was a good breath of fresh air into the drift scene. I've just got home because of the antartic conditions out there, but if they run one of these in summer it will be unreal.

it was a great day apart from the weather, but thats how mallala rolls.

Skid pan was epic, reminded me of the old Pt Gawler days, got to sit in my car(tailgate up on the stagea) and watch cars go balistic.

Fairly annoyed that i didn't take my helmet with me, My mate was running his S13 1JZ and a freshly built(ie finished the cage on friday night) Ke70 with sr20 power.

The only helmets they had wouldn't fit my stupid massive head!!!

any pics blokes?

whats the rules and reg on days like this .....free for all or is it strict times and rules give me the run down guys sounds like fun

nah not a free for all man, set schedule, different groups at different times, marshalls and fire guys always on track. Cars go through scrutineering to make sure they are safe. Yesterday was one of the best run events i have been part of from what i saw.

nah not a free for all man, set schedule, different groups at different times, marshalls and fire guys always on track. Cars go through scrutineering to make sure they are safe. Yesterday was one of the best run events i have been part of from what i saw.

So cables ties are OK? :blink:

Sorry Luke, couldn't resist :P

i sure hope so cause cable ties and tape is basic requirements of any performance car :laugh:

when is this event on next?

what does it cost?

is it just drift practice..................iam keen to have a go nuffin like a barge loosing control was there many bigger cars out or is it import's only :ermm:

there were a couple of commodores and even a BA ute out yesterday but yeah majority are imports.

Pete - cable ties are part of the regulations, no cable ties = fail scrutineering :P

This matsuri event wont be run again untill toward the end of the year but there is rnd 2 of the state competition on the 24th of this month and there is a practice day or night pretty much every month.

yeah it's a pretty tuff rolla, they finished the cage on friday arvo, and it has some very customer rear suspension mounts.lol

Daniel was pretty stuffed by mid-matsuri, he was up fairly late rewiring the s13, that dude is just waaaayyyy too motivated. very good fabricator tho.

Definately chucking my XXXfat helmet in the car next time, keen for some Ke70 laps and i would love a ride in his s13, that 1jz sounds tough as!!!