SAU Community

Wheel Studs

Dr.J

Hey everyone!

I was wondering for those of you with bigger/wider wheels on your Stagea; did you have to change the studs/bolts to put the new wheels on?

Mine seem to be too short, to fit my 17x9 +22 wheels on.

nah dont think pics will help. they're either too short, or their too short!

only other thing i can think of is to check the type of lug nuts required. there are three different base types - flat, angled, and acorn. different wheels, esp aftermarket, have different requirements - so if for example you have flat based nuts currently, and the wheel requires angled nuts, they won't be seating properly and create the situation that the studs are too short.

google for more info, but it should be self explanatory.

Well the only logical conclusion I can draw from this, is that the standard ones have been replaced by shorter ones for whatever reason.

I might just buy a set of standard ones, or at least take a look at them...

just grab some from spare parts shop they are always better then the standard ones anyway.. standard ones especially on newer model cars tend to strip thread from time to time.. aftermarket ones are generally high tensile.. there not expensive either.. (few bucks each but i guess thats $60 all round you dont really want to be spending)

but as smokeyc34 posted the only real prob you can have is them being too short and without having spacers that could be pretty short if you rims arent fitting.

and if you need tapered nuts and your using flats or vice versa...

Edited by matty_M35

depending on how many hands the car has ben thought ive seen peple fit shorter studs to clear inside bolt on spacers or they grind then shorter and clean up the thread. pain in the ass when they come in for the right offset wheels and we have to fit all new studs in the rear or in the case of early falcons all 20.

Well it looks like I'm going to need 20 longer studs.

Nismo ones are $12 each, but I need to make sure I can get the right ones.

I may have to pull out one of the existing ones, and measure it up.

All I wanted was some bigger nicer wheels on the Battle Wagon, but no, it has to be a big f**k around!

I'll get there...eventually :)

Pic of front hub...

34sfqqu.jpg

Edited by Dr.J