SAU Community

Please Help

Anz32GTR

hey guys just need some advice i just got a r32 gtr 93 modle in very good shape pretty sure hasnt been wounded back 108000 original kz

i got a full service and got all the oils changed, and we noticed the engine oil was very thick n gooey we changed it to a 10-40 turbolight.

after we changed it i drove about 30kz and noticed a knocking noice at about 3000rvs, i herd it when we first got the car but very faint and just though it was the engine as a rb26 normly makes a ticking noice.

it got worse the next day i took it to 3 workshops and they arnt 100% sure what it is most ov them said its the lifters but im just scared it something worse, i changed the oil to a 20-50 and that quieted it abit but the noice is still there.

Has anyone had this problem and if use could please share info with me.

Thanks.

If three workshops that heard the noise didnt know, then your chance of getting a good response from people that cant hear the noise isnt good. Were the workshops familiar with RB26s?

Are you familiar with how other GTRs sound? Lifters and injectors do make a lot of ticking noise, but since you said knocking it sounds like you're hearing something else.

Rb26 does not have lifters

If the noise occurs around 2500rpm it will be a worn out big end bearing and unfortunately this means u need a rebuild or a 2nd hand motor.

U could just get the crank tidied up and a new set of bearings but for the effort it takes to do that u may aswell rebuild or replace the motor

Jez knows!

chiksluvit knows!

Additive was used as a disguise I'm afraid. Get quotes for a rebuild > budget.

Every time I check over a car, I stick my finger into the oil filler hole and poke it around the top.