SAU Community

Car Hijacked

GR33 vous

Car was seen last night at woolworths fuel station on Wanneroo and Canham roads. Person called the police and me but suspect must have sensed trouble and has done a runner without paying for fuel and headed north down Wanneroo. The guy persued but was unable to keep up. Shop attendant says there is video footage of the thief so hopefully he is recognized. Car had a full tank of gas when stolen so it is being driven everywhere!

Yeah mate I saw what happened to your car.......people these days are seriously F***ed, I would never contemplate doing that to someone elses car. I don't know what will happen but I have the feeling it won't end well, but there is still some hope.

Far out what is going on in perth lately its scary to see and hear of the sudden rise of home invasion's/car jackings to steal or attempt to steal someones pride and joy :( sorry to hear this happen to you mate but atleast your ok as bad as this sounds a car can be fixed/replaced but you cant.. I hope you get it back in one piece matey and the cops catch the scum... This shit is getting out of control but its good to see all of us members pulling together and keeping there eyes out spreading the word and posting up on all the forums and social networks.. Good luck mate hope you get it back in one piece :(

Took him for a test drive and he wanted to see under the hood, I opened the bonnet he had a look around with a torch,as I closed the bonnet he jumped into the drivers side and floored it, he did a u turn and I stepped into the middle of the road and he accellerated towards me and I jumped out of the way and he took off up Beechboro road heading towards the reid highway intersection.

Took him for a test drive and he wanted to see under the hood, I opened the bonnet he had a look around with a torch,as I closed the bonnet he jumped into the drivers side and floored it, he did a u turn and I stepped into the middle of the road and he accellerated towards me and I jumped out of the way and he took off up Beechboro road heading towards the reid highway intersection.

This has happened before! I guy I know was trying to sell his AU XR8, his dad was going to take an 'interested' buyer for a test drive..after his dad had given the guy the keys he jumped in, reversed out the driveway nearly taking out his dad in the process and took off.

I don't want to dampen your hopes, but the car was never seen again...guessing chop shop...

He had heaps of trouble with insurance as well, but finally got paid out.

I hope you have better luck then he did and at least get the car back..

Have been contacted by Clarkson police and don't have all the details but keys were anonymously handed to police and address of cars whereabouts also given. Police are examining the car for forensic material. Officer told me the stereo is gone and the front bar damaged, haven't been able to see for myself but at least I'm getting it back. Will update when i know more. Thanks to everyone for their best wishes and helping to spread the word!

Have been contacted by Clarkson police and don't have all the details but keys were anonymously handed to police and address of cars whereabouts also given. Police are examining the car for forensic material. Officer told me the stereo is gone and the front bar damaged, haven't been able to see for myself but at least I'm getting it back. Will update when i know more. Thanks to everyone for their best wishes and helping to spread the word!

Good to hear it's been found!

Would like to hear the full story... surely you would be questioned handing keys in for a stolen car?

Edited by endless

Good to hear it's been found!

Would like to hear the full story... surely you would be questioned handing keys in for a stolen car?

Particularly trying to do it annonymously..

Letter drop maybe? Envelope w/ keys and location in it? But yeah, would think if somebody just walked in and said here's the keys and location of a stolen car, they'd have some questions about it.

• 5 weeks later...