SAU Community

Skyline Theft On The Rise

An old computer technician told me what he used to do in Melbourne to stop theft.

Only if your car is auto.

Using the wire that prevents you to start your car in reverse. set a key activated switch up to it in series to all other gears.

So you turn the key when you leave your car and take the key with you.

Obviously hide it in a good hiding place.

And yeah car won't start.

Nifty old trick.

32GT-R, Gunmetal Grey

XEF500, stolen early march, from the street out where i live. Tow job, i didn't even hear the alarm, or exhaust note. I did also find the wheels off me car, police wouldn't do shit. And what can one asian guy do right?

I'll dig up the vin number if anyone's interested.

I just started a topic in the qld section for this, heres some basic info from my thread.

Ok so basic rundown list for anti theft should go...

• Full comp insurance
  • 3 point immobiliser/alarm
  • Steering wheel club lock
  • GPS tracker

I'm pretty sure your insurance premium should be down aswell with a decent alarm/ immobiliser setup. Not sure about the other deterrents.

Budget method:

• Killswitches
  • Remove ecu upon exiting
  • Remove steering wheel ditto

I reckon everyone should have a gps tracker though, if they decide to use a truck to 'pick up'

add this to budget methods

pasted from my stolen skylines thread.

"An old computer technician told me what he used to do in Melbourne to stop theft.

Only if your car is auto.

Using the wire that prevents you to start your car in reverse. set a key activated switch up to it in series to all other gears.

So you turn the key when you leave your car and take the key with you.

Obviously hide it in a good hiding place.

And yeah car won't start.

Nifty old trick."

sounds nifty.

Also if you have a Pfc you can adjust your rev limit to 200, then remove the hand controller when you leave.

I remember hearing somewhere that if you have a good system some insurance mobs will lower your premium.... I'd imagine its one of those things you'd have to bully them about though.

I remember hearing somewhere that if you have a good system some insurance mobs will lower your premium.... I'd imagine its one of those things you'd have to bully them about though.

Justcar require you have an adr approved alarm system.

i think a few on boost but most of the ones that were for sale never had any interested parties to look at the car so most were unrelated.