SAU Community

Tas 2005

ido09s

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe i missed this thread.

ido09s: There are 4 of us defaintely going again in 2005. We are already planning - feel free to tag along.

Rezz: im sure your lady friends will be happy that we are coming back

d0p3y: I will let you know what we organise package wise if its a help to you. We managed to get a very good deal last january.

Can someone recomend where to go for digital cameras??? are they cheap in Japan??

I would like to try and find myself a digital SLR with a nice lens..... Akihibara (spellig??) maybe???

I picked up a new Sony 4.0 Meg Digi Cam- i forget the model but it was one down from the Sony T1, with the rotating lense.

We paid $435 AUD once converted from Arkihabara - retail for the same unit back in Australia was around $1000

Hey Nick, at this stage i have about 5 people who may come, but as i say they are meybe's. I am already planning to sell my car and i will be there next year :D:) Will certainly be in touch with you though to see what accomodation you have organised. Be sure to keep in touch and let me know when you plan on booking as i may very well join your group :spank::D

Brad: will do, the hotel we stayed at was very well placed and quite central to most of the car shops we wanted to check out.

We had Up Garage Chiba 5 mins walk from the hotel, Crystal only a few stops away via Monorail, and Top Secret a short cab ride or a hefty walk from Crystal, practically on the same road.

Rezz, can we add a list in the first post that we can update as we go with those who plan to attending TAS 2005 - Those of us who went last year are making it a yearly event.

So far the following have confirmed or put their hand up as a maybe:

Blitz ( Nick ) - In

WRX Dave (Dave) - In

Midnight (Greg) - In

GTR-032 (Jono) - In

d0p3y (Ryan) - In

More to come. several others have already said that they are interested pending the pricing package we put together.

Hey Nick

I can ad that for you.

Brad

Thanks for that Brad... sorry Nick!!! I'm in Perth right now mate! I'm using my Dads PC and it feels... strange...

Rezz, come to Sydney for the weekend - you know you want to.
Bloody hell, I wish I could!!! Next time Nick...

I kinda stuffed up the SAUWA cruise last Sunday (had to meet family instead), and the meet up I organised at a beer factory in Fremantle wasn't the best turn out... but I did get to meet uneekwahn (Jason), GTRKen (Ken) and Nizmo (Lauren), so the Japanese girls and I had a good time.

Please downgrade my status to "Strong Maybe - Pending package pricing" until I find out exactly what needs replacing in my fcuked engine. God damn it I hate when things break!