SAU Community

What can/cannot come on SAU Qld cruises?

Charly

I cant be fuct reading any of the other posts

I think only skyliens show attend cruises unless otherwised noted..

eg: Big skyline cruise 2 .. i would be a bit pist if someone camlong not in a skyline, it defeats the purpose of that whole cruise

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think we should have any type of holden period. This just being me and not liking them at all. I think with other cars it should depend on what were doing on the cruise ie. mountain run or just normal cruising on back roads etc thus the faster cars dont get stuck behind someone who cant simply keep up.

I was planning on having a field day with this thread, but I wont.

Short and sweet IMHO –

Nothing Australia full stop. (Except aussie spec skylines)

Only a hand full of none import Nissan cars invited. Example; Supra’s Porsche’s etc.

Cars that are none Nissan (that are invite only), should ONLY be a performance import, or some form of a euro sports car.

Your $250 daily driver is not welcome, if your nice import is off the road, don’t come to a cruise.

People who are rednecks should also be not welcome IMHO. I don’t associate with rednecks in my own time, and I don’t wish to associate with them in a car club.

My $2 for now.

Ok then, Ska looks like your organising next week's cruise cause I'm certanily not comming. I would say some other stuff too but I really don't see the point. *closes SAU window* :wavey:

Boo Hoo...

God damn... Add your point of view... You might be suprised what sort of discussion it provokes... I know of quite a few active members who want you to stay...

I'm against it to be honest... I think you would be better suited to qldstreetcars or boostcruising IMHO...

Boo Hoo...

God damn... Add your point of view... You might be suprised what sort of discussion it provokes...  I know of quite a few active members who want you to stay...

I'm against it to be honest... I think you would be better suited to qldstreetcars or boostcruising IMHO...

Strutto is right, add your view. This is a forum, where opinions and views are posted.

Even the name of the club makes it blatantly obvious we are a model-specific community. FFS if we organise an event as part of Skylines Australia, is it that unreasonable to expect a large majority of participants to be driving Skylines?

If someone tried to bring a Falcon to an organised meeting of a Commodore club, or an Excel to a Street Machine meetup, they would more than likely be told to go their own way (perhaps not in those words). I think the fact that we, as a community, are even discussing this shows the open-mindedness of the group as a whole.

Im an active member "i think" Phatmirage in my opinion and others that are enthusiasts should be aloud to, yes there is a point and yes maybe not on the huge skyline cruises but thursday night meets whats the problem? I have nothing but respect for Phatmirage in particular as this guy has to be able to drive to be able to keep with us on some of the runs we have done and that car surprised me, it goes awesome. Just my 2 cents i suppose wether that counts or not i dont know, but personally were performance car enthusiats and all share a common passion.

Cheers

John

Im an active member "i think" Phatmirage in my opinion and others that are enthusiasts should be aloud to, yes there is a point and yes maybe not on the huge skyline cruises but thursday night meets whats the problem? I have nothing but respect for Phatmirage in particular as this guy has to be able to drive to be able to keep with us on some of the runs we have done and that car surprised me, it goes awesome. Just my 2 cents i suppose wether that counts or not i dont know, but personally were performance car enthusiats and all share a common passion.

Cheers

John

:P

Exactly - I think the best solution lies in not trying to make blanket rules to suit every situation (speed limits anyone?), as a few people, myself included, have mentioned a few times previously. Some cruises will be Skylines only - if it ain't a 'line, it ain't coming. Other cruises would certainly be more lenient. I suppose how we treat a particular cruise would depend on whether it's purely a social thing or whether there is a bit of showcasing the club happening too. What's the point in having a Skyline club if you don't need a Skyline for some events?

But yer, I'm stuffed, going to sleep now :P Behave kids :)

Some cruises will be Skylines only - if it ain't a 'line, it ain't coming.

You may want to re-think that one. What about finical members once it’s up and running? They may have sold there skyline/buying another or even wish to drive another import he/she may own. I think saying to finical members “piss off” your not coming to a skyline only cruise if they wish not to take there skyline, or may not even have one for above reasons is a bit silly.