SAU Community

super charged r33

redline2003

saw it at autosalon yesterday, was a series 2 r33 with the plates PUNKD(i think there is meant to b a pun in there), and inside the engine bay there was a Phat Eaton(i think) positive displacement supercharger, no turbo to b found. my guess is it was originally NA and he made the switch to blow it, pretty unique i think.

It was definately a non turbo that had the supercharger added on, it has blue gt badges and 4 stud wheels.

I liked the graphics - transformers, pretty cool.

it was messed up graphically... it had robotech side graphics and a big arse transformers autobots sign on the front... and also the word transformer somthing on the side next to veritech fighter off robotech... very bad mistake if you're a robotech or transformer fan (both of which I am).

The supercharger amazed the f**k thru me, but I could never find the owner around the car to drill him for questions... I've got pics of that engine setup from every angle so I should be able to find out who made it (and possibly get a replica) :)

Eaton supercharger. Maybe ask an eaton s/c dealer in victoria.

I was almost hoping there was a turbo underneath the manifod, but sadly none, just pipe leading straight to exhaust :)

I'd imagine it should be near to stock RB25DET output power with fatter down low torque curve, as most s/c are low boost induction around 6-7psi and works well at lower rev range.

I suppose ECU should have been changed as well. I was here today and seen no one standing by to be asked some questions too. Oh well... leave us wondering.....

Then could it be an RB25DET with turbo replaced with the super charger. Considering both stock boost and supercharger is the same, engine and ecu could cope with it. The only difference is that you get instant boost right from idle. No lag.

i knew i remembered punkt from somewhere

theres a guy on here who organized a cruise a while back (was a sham mccr)

he had a black NA 33 and he said he wanted to supercharge it.

pretty sure he had the "punkt" number plate.

he also made decals... transformers etc...

• 2 weeks later...

nick thompson owns that car that was his nickname on here used to post until we told him to stay with his mccr mates

not a bad upgrade definetly different

but i would not waste the money myself

Ive seen him run at sat nigh church. Nothing special, keeps up with most other cars it ran.

and yes wtf is with mixing the robotech veritech with fuggin autobot tranformer emblem? oooh he should be shot (im a robotech transformer fan of ye OLde)