SAU Community

speed cameras

deesh

just saw a news update.

"WA Police are going to start hiding speed cameras, drivers need to be taught a lesson, some drivers slow down when they see a camera, and speed up after"

What do they mean 'start' havent they been hiding them already. So now its legal to put them behind bushes, and in bus stops.

And as for slowing down and speeding up, how about slowing down, yelling abuse at the operator, dropping a couple of gears, and flooring it.

Is their budget getting low or something? time for a bit more revenue raising. I wouldnt be so against this, if it all got used to fix roads, but the fact is it doesnt, and what they do spend they waste on crappy stupid modifications to road with no problems, rather than fixing broken road.

Anyway, thats the end of my venting.

Well im sorry but if i get done by a hidden speed camera i am following this guys example.

Acccording to 'legitimacy of govt' i now see fit to throw one in the back of my car and drive off. If the gov wants to declare war on the driver the driver should declare war on the gov.

Cmon deesh back me on this, u know im good 4 it:lol:

If the gov put all the money (speeding fines) into roads or driver training the road would a hell of alot safer. Instead they spend it on bs and we have the classic (pardon the stereotype) old asian woman in a volvo driving around just waiting to make an accident happen:eek: She has to do a max of what? like 10hrs on road and then past a piss easy test and then gets to drive for like 40yrs with no review.

/rant ends:mad:

Originally posted by deesh

And as for slowing down and speeding up, how about slowing down, yelling abuse at the operator, dropping a couple of gears, and flooring it.

Call me childish, but I know they love it when we do that :D

I'm kinda upset about that guy who stole a speed camera. Means they'll increase security, so my plan to simultaneously attack all metro cameras is going to need twice as much work to succeed.

Speed cameras...now here's a subject that sh*ts me to f*ing tears.

Do you know....

speed cameras in the UK are now being placed ONLY on black spots (2 or more road fatallities), they are painted bright yellow and visible from 60-80 metres. They are never placed on open multi lane roads where people can safely drive at 10 k's over limit.(unlike here) The money raised by them, go back to road safety and driver training programms. The UK gov claim that it is doing more to realistically address road deaths and the community is behind them because it is not seen as blatant revenue raising.

the W.A. state gov on the other hand, recieve ALL the money from cameras, place it in a combined revenue account, of which only a token gesture is returned to road saefty. The majority is for re allocation as the state sees fit. Unfortunately, they don't deem it neccessary, to use the money to put more cops on the road to catch habitual idiot and repetative drunk drivers, or spend the money on road repair and driver training.. See that would require initiative, something the sate gov obviously lacks. It is much much easier, to lower the speed limit, increase fines and demirts and place more cameras and say, "see we care, we're trying to stop accidents and fatalities" when in all reality the only significant change is that they're raking in even more money. Now, maybe i'm just jaded, but more revenue raised from apparently trying to improve road safety ??? Someone convince me that this is just an unnexpected bi product, not just the sole intended purpose....!

Hidden camera's now... where does it

stop. I could bitch all day, but whats the point. God bless the bloke who nicked it, and I hope it gives the courage to others to do the same.

:D

Speed camera revenues in WA earlier this year/last year actually went to curing some spinal chord problem, and doctors are now able to operate on the spinal chord (therefore decreasing chances of people becoming paraplegic etc etc)

After I discovered that I was less anti-Multanova, but after talking about hiding them...that's just rediculous! The fact that they put some stoopid sign out doesn't mean it's not hidden, as they don't always put those in a very obvious location :burnout:

I don't think that I will tamper with the cameras directly (since they cost a hell of a lot more than I'm worth) but instead I'm gonna make up a fluorescent sign saying "YOU ARE ABOUT TO GO THROUGH A SPEED CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!" and put it about 100m up the road from the camera :shake:

anyone know the charges for getting caught? otherwsie I'll just resort to throwing a claw hammer out the window of my car and drag it off with me :uh-huh:

The bad thing that's happening in UK though - they've increased police handheld radars and I think they've increased the fines too

Also - you can blame our premier of WA for this as he told Tony Blair how well the police hand-helds were doing here, so they did the same there :D

Sound's like u got a plan there PSIKO.:uh-huh:

But i heard that all money from cam goes to heart and lung resarch. Maybe weve all been given a red herring :confused:

Allright all SAU members or just any1 make up a couple of signs saying "speed camera ahead ". The when u see one go round the block and stick it up. Drivers have been dong this for years with the old flashing of the lights trick but theres not always a good samaratin on the road to flash you.

imho this is a way we can help the community and simultaneously protest against these increasingly unfair "road rules":rolleyes:

*starts firing up the printer*

How about a group deal on number plate screens made from LCD that "at the flick of a switch" can hide your plates......

you see a cop, and just turn your plates "ON" again.. simple huh ?

that way, you dont have to wait for a samaritan to flash you, look for a sign... etc.

because I for one, have NEVER been through a speed camera in plain view. they are ALWAYS hidden....

:shake:

Boostzor, i know youre crazy enough to **** off with a camera.

What ****s me is that they claim theyre going to 'start' hiding them, cmon, inside a bus stop is not considered hidden?

And instead of fixing roads, they mess them up. If youve been on somerville blvd off north lake road lately, youll have seen the new roundabouts, which in my opinion are a waste of money, and are more dangerous, because a lot of people dont know how to use them properly.

I think it was canada that just scrapped speed cameras, after admitting they were just for revenue raising, and did nothing for road safety.

BTW did you know they can now put multinovas on bridges

http://www.police.wa.gov.au/Services/Traff...handDevelopment

edit: Priva-plate, sweeeeeeeet.

Deesh: new avatar =classy:uh-huh:

Those plate protectors are pretty cool but they would be as illegal as a barrel of unlicenced monkeys:eek: a cop would see those thing froma mile away if they were turned on and even if they were off u would get nailed if they pulled u over.

U see the cops on bikes with the handhelds on the bridges? there was a set on the last motoplex meet sitting up there waitng for ppl to ping and the hammer down the onramp.

Boys boys boys .....

We should get a group buy on these number plates from the UK :

CLICK HERE

They look like normal plates, but have some sort of coating on them that absorbs light ie. a camera flash :)

Check it out.

When the page is loading and it asks you to put a number plate in, you have to enter a UK plate. So put in "C130 RNV" and this gets you in. Then you can play around with the plate and probably email them and ask them for aussie format. Im sure that won't be a problem for them :)

PSIKO and I are down for the first 2 on a group buy :uh-huh: :D

GOOD:

A policeman had a perfect spot to watch for

speeders, but wasn't getting

many. Then he discovered the problem-a

10-year-old boy was standing up the

road with a hand painted sign, which read

"RADAR TRAP AHEAD." The officer

then found a young accomplice down the road

with a sign reading "TIPS" and a

bucket full of change. (And we used to just

sell lemonade...)

BETTER:

A motorist was mailed a picture of his car

speeding through an automated

radar post. A $40 speeding ticket was

included. Being cute, he sent the

police department a picture of $40. The

police responded with another mailed

photo of Handcuffs.

BEST:

A young woman was pulled over for speeding.

As the motorcycle officer walked

to her car window, flipping open his ticket

book, she said,"I bet you are

going to sell me a ticket to the Highway

Patrolmen's Ball." He replied,

"Highway Patrolmen don't have balls." There

was a moment of silence while

she smiled, and he realized what he'd just

said. He then closed his book,

got back on his motorcycle and left. She was

laughing too hard to start her

car for several minutes.

hahaha quality :D

I e-mailed those camera-shy people and they wrote back and said that they can make Aussie plates. I might e-mail them a pic of a WA plate and see what they say.

They did say though that white on black would be more expensive as it's harder to make.

I'll find out the costs involved if anyone's interested?

Unfortunately I am having a few net issues here at work. From what i briefly saw of the site it looks like one of those number plate covers that when looked at on a side angle you can't see it but when looking dead on you can see the number plate dead on? is that correct? or is it a proper number plate?

IS it actually a number plate that they make or a cover?

If it is a cover don't bother..... One of the stereo stores..hmmm i think Ozcom (correct me if i am wrong) in Morley was selling them. My friends dad bought one for his car 1 week later he was pulled over and given a $100 fine. Don't beleive them when they sell the covers to you and they so "Oh yeah it is legal...BLAH BLAHBLAH!" Coz it aint and my close friend can prove it her dad told me himself....

So if it is a number plate FANTASTIC!!! but if it is a special cover...well....just remember what i have told you...1st HAND! not rumoured 3rd hand info that you read from america then chinese whispered through 5000 different e-mail addresses to Australia!

Just lookin out for yas thats all:uh-huh:

heheh yeh I believe you ... the same thing happened to my girlfriend's brother.

These ones are the real deal though ... they make you up a new numberplate.

I'm thinking I might order one first and do a little evaluation of it .. then if it's good I can recommend it to you guys :D

Otherwise if they're **** everyone will be a bit pissed!

I've emailed the people again ... now just waiting for a reply. Also sent a photo of a WA custom polycarbonate number plate.