SAU Community

Hyundai I40 Tourer Make An Impression

5 year unlimited km warranty, 7 year roadside assist, 3 years capped price servicing (15,000km-12 month intervals) full size spare better put together interior (easier to navigate and more updated), better features, better value for money and a better looking car is a handful of reasons why i'd buy an I40 over a dolphin-nosed Mazda.

im with ya mate. theyve come a long way since the excel.

im with ya mate. theyve come a long way since the excel.

Absolutely. 5th biggest motor corporation in the world now, building around 2 million cars a year for the globe and employ roughly 75,000 people worldwide.

There is even a little fishing village right next door to the biggest production plant in the world in south korea.. that's how clean it is.

The question you have to ask is; if you can get 320nm of torque and 1500km per tank from 1.7l,

Why wouldn't you make it 2.2l or 2.4l with a wide ratio box, & actually have a car that goes fast AND gets good fuel economy?

Because Hyundai don't need big motors to get big torque..

example: the old FD Hyundai i30 was a 2.0l motor. The new GD I30 uses a 1.8l motor with more power and better fuel economy.

Bigger motor doesn't always mean more power.

Cause mazda already did that with the 6 diesel. 2.2 litre 130kw 420nw 5.4l per 100

And Hyundai owners are povos, that wouldn't pony up for a mazda.

I've got my i40 down to 4.7L/100km on a 130km trip sitting on 105km/h cruise control the whole way. Imagine a longer drive than that..

Spoken like a true car salesman, Sean.

You can have them. Ill never own one.

I'm passionate about the product. That's fine i'm not asking you to own one - I just come across far too many narrow minded people that don't know much about the product but are quick to diss it.

I'm passionate about the product. That's fine i'm not asking you to own one - I just come across far too many narrow minded people that don't know much about the product but are quick to diss it.

exactly. i hated kia and hyundai. test drove them both.

now own a kia and the old have a hyundai. brilliant value for money.

absolutely shit on ford and holden. and most toyotas and nissans.

as scotty pointed out tho, we need a few years and a few thousand k's on the new gen of korean cars to see what build quality is like.

exactly. i hated kia and hyundai. test drove them both.

now own a kia and the old have a hyundai. brilliant value for money.

absolutely shit on ford and holden. and most toyotas and nissans.

as scotty pointed out tho, we need a few years and a few thousand k's on the new gen of korean cars to see what build quality is like.

Honestly 5+ years ago i'd never touch one. But now i'm so confident they're a quality car i've sold 2 of them to family members. My sister a new I30 and my parents a new Highlander Santa Fe and i tell you what both of them absolutely love their cars to bits.

The rented iLoad I had felt like a tin can. Terrible build. The Getz I had to drive I hated. I do prefer my mazda that is 15 years older, better steering feel, more positive gear change, and better handling characteristics.

The Kia I did 600 miles on in a week felt poorly made, gutless, and well, shit.

And that coveted 5 year warranty... Well, just ask the nsw member who has had his claim denied for the door hinge breaking off. It ain't worth shit if they just keep denying claims.

Because Hyundai don't need big motors to get big torque..

example: the old FD Hyundai i30 was a 2.0l motor. The new GD I30 uses a 1.8l motor with more power and better fuel economy.

Bigger motor doesn't always mean more power.

I think you've missed the point of my post, I wasn't criticising the power that they make;

I was merely observing that with a larger capacity engine it could be a properly quick car instead of just average. You aren't going to get people out of big sixes & eights with "Adequate".

I'm a car guy; give me a diesel wagon with the punch to make me pay attention, I might just buy one. For the missus.

From a design point of view they are quite impressive and creative; their quality is excellent.

In fact, we were looking at a Veloster for my missus, right up until I saw this dopey piece of lowest common denominator advertising;

Hyundai are so confident that no-one in their target market rides a motorbike that they have no problem demonising us and implying that we're something that you need to keep your family safe from. They are quite happy perpetuating an idiotic stereotype, and justifying the public opinion that motorcyclists are inherenly risk takers, therefore deserving of drivers disdain and poor treatment.

When I questioned them about this on their FB page; the glib insulting reply that I received left me gobsmacked.

They actually informed me that the bike rider was being portrayed as a jackal; not as a dog, which is what I had assumed.

Hyundai will never get a single cent of my money; they can get f**ked.