SAU Community

Heading To Japan! :d

fastjetjockey

So I scored the opportunity to head over to Japan to shoot a film clip for a band. For 5 days I'll be shooting in Tokyo, based in Shibuya, then we travel to Kobe for 2 days. Work won't be too hard, and will incorporate a lot of sightseeing as we're going after all those cliché shots that people go to Tokyo to do. In Kobe I'm just along for the ride.

But after the band and the rest of production fly out of Osaka on the 31st of Oct, I have a 7-day rail pass, some new shoes, my DSLR, a Lonely Planet: Japan publication and a whole lotta spare time and money. I have no flight booked to get home as yet, and was just gonna wing it for a week. I have an old high school friend that lives in Maebashi with her Japanese husband, daughter and another one on the way (R34 4-door family car btw). They're the only people I know that I'd like to catch up with.

I've been to Japan once before, 10 years ago. I studied the language in school for 6 years. Today I can still speak and read enough to get me by, totally rusty though! >.< I'm hoping that first week of pre-planned work will aid me in transitioning into the culture so I have a smooth and relaxed second week.

I'm considering hiring a sim card when I get into Narita for my 4S. Roaming rates are stupid. I want to have mobile data to help me out while I'm over there.

Anyhow, I thought I'd come on here to tell you guys, and to try and gather some ideas of what to do over there! I'd love to include some cars and motorsport in somewhere; *coughhireaGTRforadaycough*

I really want to see upgarage and see if I can smuggle a whole store home.

I'd also like to stay in a nice Ryokan. Some good recommendations in my book. I stayed in one way back. Cannot remember where though. It was totally fun though. I'd consider staying in a minshuku also. I did a 3-day home stay when I was over there and it was soool cool! Amazing lovely family. Unfortunately I dropped out of contact wih them. :(

Okay, I know this is a dead forum, but let the ideas flow! Dates again...

Shooting: Oct 24th -> Oct 31st in Tokyo/Kobe

Holiday: 1st November onwards. Only have a 7 day rail pass (unspecified dates)....