SAU Community

How To Install Reverse Camera In M35

slippylotion

• 1 year later...

No it wont force the screen

If your in tv mode on the screen you wont need to press anything. Shorting the C1 to ground does the same thing as pressing the TV button on the dash. You will need the C1 and relay if you want it fully automated. I just leave mine in TV mode

So is this pretty much the same for v35?

And say if i am using the rca input in the tuner for dvd player or mp3 player, how do I connect the camera rca cable so that it will come up when its on reverse gear and other device to be playing in any other gear. How do I put a relay switch to achive this?

I am a noob when it comes to these things so any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Yes, V35 is the same.

Use reverse lights to activate the relay.

Break the yellow video cable & switch those wires (may need double pole relay) between reverse cam & dvd player - the common side goes into the TV tuner.

Sound will play as usual with just the video switching away from dvd & displaying reverse camera whilever reverse lights are on. Easy :)

^^ Thanks Leon,

Just to make it clear for my self, I could use a relay like in this attachment?

And use left hand side to go to the tv tuner and other 2 connected camera and the aux in. ?

Any idea how to do the motion bypass?

And do you still have those aux in leads up for sale?

Thanks

post-76419-0-55103600-1352504027_thumb.jpg

You may need one like this so you can separate the inner & outer conductors. Just keep them as short as possible so the shielding is still effective.

post-76144-0-60318200-1352515083_thumb.jpg

I used another relay (also switched by reverse lights) to put an earth on terminal C1 in the tuner. It doesn't matter what is displayed on the screen, it will force it over to display the reverse camera & then switch back again when finished. (I suppose if you could find a triple throw relay you could do everything with the one device.)

To bypass the in-motion cut out, I extended another wire from C1 to earth via a switch at the front. When operated (& not in reverse) you use your remote to watch TV or switch to DVD, playstation or whatever is on your aux input.

The Xanavi guys say that it can be done in the programming. So if you haven't done the English conversion (& were intending to have it done), you could ask them about it

I don't have any leads made up, but can make one if you want. They're pretty straight forward if you have an old computer lying around.

Cheers, Leon.

Edited by Commsman

thanks a lot leon..just a one more question.. In your diagram, shouldn't it be inner and outer dvd in the place of inner and outer camera because I want aux input to run by default and camera to be on by the reverse light?

I ll give it a go and see when i get my reverse camera .. :)

yep got it.. Thanks leon.. will give it a go.. How big a relay should i use (voltage/current wise)?

So when u earth cont1, that does the motion bypass? when you do it this way do we loose all OEM functions related to motion/distance?? like the mileage or fuel consumption?

On a similar note, is there a wire down under the dash for reverse? Maybe on the TCM?

My head unit has a dedicated reverse input and a wire to switch, and I don't really want to run the wire down to the tailgate...

yep got it.. Thanks leon.. will give it a go.. How big a relay should i use (voltage/current wise)?

So when u earth cont1, that does the motion bypass? when you do it this way do we loose all OEM functions related to motion/distance?? like the mileage or fuel consumption?

Just a small panel mount one will do. Jaycar sell plenty for <$10. Like this one for $4.95: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SY4061

Earthing C1 only locks the screen to the tuner Aux input. The fuel consumption info is still happening in the background & is viewable as soon as you remove the earth.

On a similar note, is there a wire down under the dash for reverse? Maybe on the TCM?

My head unit has a dedicated reverse input and a wire to switch, and I don't really want to run the wire down to the tailgate...

Yeah, that would be easier for you - if you already have the camera cabled. (See, I would have run the wire from the back at the same time as putting in the camera :) )

You could always look in the A/T manual... Tell you what; you get the package for me in the post & I'll give you the answer, lol.

I have done this before. I mounted the camera on the lower part of tailgate, and ran the cables from the hatch all the way up to the tv tuner. Its fiddly but not impossible.