SAU Community

Mercedes Benz & Nissan

wizlb

Mercedes Benz has a new business partershipw with Nissan which will allow MB to make engines for the V35 or G35 in the states but with lower HP but MB will add a new turbo....like their AMG models.

Nissan were support to release a new model this pass August in Paris but it was put on hold...

I just like to see what you guys think

B

HERE IS A LINK TO A GOOD READ>>>>>>http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-cars/2013-infiniti-g-coupe

Edited by wizlb

I want everyone to KNOW...this is happening.....and not something that will happen.

Nissan has a five year plan so remove it G Series of car and in 2011 Nissan was scheduled to show-case the new models in Paris but they were pulled because of this new deal with MB..

The cars will be slower and the more expensive models will have a turbo.....

Google it.....

^^ I have heard that before too, but I can't really see how it can be true, Nissan stated using the VQ engine back in the mid 1990s, long before there was any collaboration with Renault. and Renault only stated using the VQ in their cars in the mid 2000s, and well after Nissan starting using the VQ35 in their cars.

I think this is just a rumour that Jeremy Clarkson has spread..

This is a signed agreement between Nissan<<<(Renault) and MB which allows them to trade technology.....

This is a real agreement but JC didnt just spread this rumor....its also on G35 Driver forum...........

Just is my two cents

Regarding the Engine: The VQ is clearly a Nissan engine,,,,,,,

^^ I have heard that before too, but I can't really see how it can be true, Nissan stated using the VQ engine back in the mid 1990s, long before there was any collaboration with Renault. and Renault only stated using the VQ in their cars in the mid 2000s, and well after Nissan starting using the VQ35 in their cars.

Next time you change the door lock see what is written on the body of the actuator, it aint Nissan :). There are a number of parts on the car that are not Nissan, why not the motor as well?

?? I don't really see the relavence? The 350Z/350GT motor 'could' have been built by anyone, but the fact Nissan and only Nissan were using the VQ long before their connection with Renault, and Renault only started using the VQ in the last 5 years or so, suggests the chances that Renault built/designed it, are fairly slim.

The VQ35DE made it's debut in 2001 in the Nissan pathfinder at the same time as the Renault Vel Satis. There is no record (other than one persons post on another forum) that the VQ35DE engine was used any earlier than 2001.

http://en.wikipedia....issan_VQ_engine

Given this platform made it's appearance after the 1999 aliance of the trwo companies one could plainly argue the VQ is not wholly Nissan. The same can also be said for the chassis. The Nissan FM platform of the V35 & 350z has been argued as designed by the French, again this platorm came about after the alliance of Nissan & Renault. Personally I don't really care who designed it if I enjoy driving it.

Edited by mosoto

The first VQ was a VQ20DE builded by Nissan in 1994

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine

after you review the info you will find the earlier engines were the frame-work for the VQ35DE and so on.....

But my question is this????????????????

Do you think MB will reduce the HP and put a small turbo in to produce something like 280HP or do you think MB will add more HP

...DO you think MB will be increase or decrease the future HP...of the VQ engines???

Edited by wizlb

The first VQ was a VQ20DE builded by Nissan in 1994

http://en.wikipedia....issan_VQ_engine

after you review the info you will find the earlier engines were the frame-work for the VQ35DE and so on.....

But my question is this????????????????

Yes that particular VQ motor may have come out in 1994 BUT it was not a VQ35DE. You are comparing apples to oranges.

The VQ35DE came out in 2001 and no earlier. Just because they're VQ motors does not make them similar in any way other than the 6 pots.

And I don't forsee 6pot motors getting higher in capacity. More likely 4 pot turbos or big litre 4's, economy will be a design factor no doubt

Yes that particular VQ motor may have come out in 1994 BUT it was not a VQ35DE. You are comparing apples to oranges.

The VQ35DE came out in 2001 and no earlier. Just because they're VQ motors does not make them similar in any way other than the 6 pots.

And I don't forsee 6pot motors getting higher in capacity. More likely 4 pot turbos or big litre 4's, economy will be a design factor no doubt

LOLWHUT.

Just about every part is interchangeable