SAU Community

Thread For My Car Problems.

lilcrash

I haven't reinstalled the catch can yet. I have to make a new one as my air filer stole its home. But I've been unplugging the hose when I check the oil and there isnt a single spec of oil in it.

Edited by lilcrash

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe after all the cost labour and effort youve put into this new engine that your driving it untuned like its a daily...

I honestly thought you would of learnt from killing the last engine

I did have it unhooked only hooked it the other day.

Im not using it like a daily at all. I drove it to work so I could go for a mountain run after work.

If I could find tuner who I trusted it would be booked in, as it sits I'm just slowly putting ks on it waiting for my tuner to move.

Ok I'm going nuts. To me it looks like the oil is coming from above the oil pump. I had it running for over 10minutes without the top timing cover and nothing came out.

How common is it to crack the oil pump? I read it can happen if the crank collar is wrong.

There wasn't a gasket so you just didn't put one on and used sealant?

That's te stupidest thing I've heard.

You my friend, need to take the engine completely out, remove the sump, remove the oil pump, apply a gasket with loctite gasket sealant (red stuff) and then put it all back together.

well im sorry but when my oem gasket kit didnt include one i assumed it just used sealant. later i found out that it hadnt been returned to the kit.

i have a gasket now and obviously i am going to replace it but i just wanted a confirmation as to how many oil pumps had cracked.

well im sorry but when my oem gasket kit didnt include one i assumed it just used sealant. later i found out that it hadnt been returned to the kit.

i have a gasket now and obviously i am going to replace it but i just wanted a confirmation as to how many oil pumps had cracked.

Don't apologize to me, apologize to yourself for creating at least 2 days more work, money, and car off the road.

You have a stupidly long thread that many people are subscribed to, and you didn't ask? I though it was common sense that no two metal surfaces that keep in a liquid under pressure go together without a gasket?

I can't see how there is even any pressure in there. It's just the air space in the sump and crank case. My breathers don't have any pressure so how does the oil pump? I can understand if it was the oil pump itself but yeah.

And I did ask people and they said the sealant should hold as its no different to the sump.

lol !!! there should be around 80psi behind that oil pump man !!! not sure what pump u used but did u see the 2 small holes in the back of the pump ? they are diagonally opposite and are your feed to the filter and pick up. the feed to the filter has all the pressure !! after the filter it goes to all bearings on the crank, crank can only bleed off so much oil so then the relief valve opens !!! sht loads of pressure dude.

Unlucky mate one thing i learnt the hard way is NEVER ASSUME ( u no the old saying "when u assume it makes an ass out of u and me ) lol

it's a silly mistake we all make them tho just another learning curve

When is the engine coming out now ?