SAU Community

Advice On First Import

don.

There was a n/a S13 being sold for 2k - manual, good condition, aircon, stock

It got sold within one day though

But if you keep looking you will find something!

I havnt yet ... BUT I WILL!! eventually...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S13 is a very basic car with not much to write home about...

But that's the glory of them ..

R33 sedan would be another point of interest for you..

Uhmm

Corolla? Ke70?

I have a friend with an NA 2jz mx73 Cressida that's low and stanced on rims that he will be selling soon that will be in your budget...

2jz... Rwd... 5spd manual... Rims... Low... Cressida.

I love s13 to an extent I've been down since the first few started coming into the country in 1997/98 however I think there are more interesting and character filled cars to be had.

What about NA supra even??

Jonno, theres one here unregod...

http://www.silviawa....showtopic=64302

Imo buy the youngest skyline you can as it'll generally have less problems and be trouble free fun.

i is scared of unrego

still stuck on exams :( i shall go hunting again after

i still needa register on Silvia WA

Edited by Jonno34

Okay so ive changed my mind once more, buti think its for good now. I want a manual non turbo 34 coupe. Which i think has been inspired by Jonno's, that picture looks delicious

nono trust me .. you dont want a non turbo :P

its the slow

I think you should go around and test drive some cars first then make your decision :)

while the 34 looks nice - i sort of wish i got a less nice looking car with much nicer power but im attached and dont want to sell it

have a drive of any suggestions in this thread you like the sound/look of, if you cant find a manual n/a 34 to have a drive of you can come have a feel of mine someday if you like - if you wait awhile there'll be new coilovers in too thumbsup.gif

but make sure to drive a turbo! its important to know what you'd be sacrificing :P

Cheers for the help guys. Yeah i have a few mates with imports and ive driven most of their cars i think. Ive driven an 01 wrx, 32 gtst, n/a s13 and a soarer v8 so far. And what are some good sites to look for imports? Because i seem to be stuck on just gumtree, car sales, silWA and SAU.

also check out auto trader magazine, and google for importers around perth

I think autoworx, DC imports, .. theres tons really! :)

btw what did ya think of the soarer v8? I was sorta considering getting one :P

but tis auto, i like manual

Alright sweet i'll have a look around tonight through them.

Well to be honest the v8 is more of a cruiser than a true sportscar compared to the TT's, with a half decent exhaust they sound incredible though, but handling wise theyre not so good. Most of the ones that i have seen have the factory airbag suspension system so to get a good handling one you need to look for a UZZ30 model, they had normal coilovers all round. True they are all auto but one was floating around a few weeks ago for sale with a W58 supra 5 speed conversion in it for 10k i think

I like the older ones actually .. the more square ones rather than the round ones

plus my budgets like 4k max! :P

the supra converted one would be quite fun i imagine :)

btw DCimports had a wiideee range of skylines when i was there 3 years ago ... should be still the same

Ive seen quite a few people recommending him too if im not wrong

although at the time he was asking 20k for a n/a 4 door 34! I ended up getting mine for 15k imported - Carizma in melbourne had it, and I knew a mechanic in melb who was a friend of the owner .. but still go check em out :)

Yeah there are some factory manuals but only TT's, the supra converted one i mentioned was a v8. You can get a half decent soarer for 4k, but a lot of them have fairly high km's on them. Theres a nice white one on gumtree now for about 6k? i think. haha now im giving you advice on cars.

Yeah i just had a quick look at both sites and the range was pretty good and tons of info on each car. I spose what im looking for isnt the easiest thing to find, heaps of turbos but all the n/a's are auto which is teh ghey. Tiptronic kind of bridges the gap but how exactly does it work? I know it has a normal auto box with a quickshift thing on the side, but how do the steering wheel controls work? Ive never actually seen one close up

yeap n/a + manual + coupe was quite hard to find

i think all? of the 34s in auto have tiptronic but i actually have no clue, ive never driven one before, quite curious too actually, always wondered about the steering wheel controls

I know someone with one though - I can ask if u want :)

Yeah if you ask we might both learn something hah if you can use it kind of like a manual i might consider one, even if its not really the same thing