SAU Community

Fixing My Compliance Issues

nickor33

i have a skyline r33 gts - t. The car was stolen and the compliance plates where pinched. They took all three of them so it has none. Vic roads says i can't get them replaced. . Another issue is that the car has had a new motor put in in it. ( still an RB25det) . So the engine numbers don't match either. This would not be a huge problem however i let the car become unregistered and now i want to re -register it. I notified the police and vic roads when it was stolen i told them the compliance plates where missing. have i got any chance of registering this car . thanks any help would be great.

I Don't know about vic, but in sa you gotta get an ID check and they check engine number and VIN. if the engine number doesn't match what they have on their system you gotta get a full inspection. You will have to get this anyway since you now no longer have compliance plates. I doubt having the different engine will matter since it is still an rb25. But yeah you will have to get an exemption from having compliance plates.

hope this helps

i have a skyline r33 gts - t. The car was stolen and the compliance plates where pinched. They took all three of them so it has none. Vic roads says i can't get them replaced. . Another issue is that the car has had a new motor put in in it. ( still an RB25det) . So the engine numbers don't match either. This would not be a huge problem however i let the car become unregistered and now i want to re -register it. I notified the police and vic roads when it was stolen i told them the compliance plates where missing. have i got any chance of registering this car . thanks any help would be great.

Dude you have no chance. None.

so you own a car with no id and want to register it?

not to be a downer here but whats to say you didnt buy a car directly from japan and try to dodge compliance.

no id = no rego. make a track car out of it :)

yeah the police might have it on their records that the compliance plates where stolen . they know i did have a white skyline coupe registered. can't they just look it up under my name and see that it is the same car. i'm desperate i know !

Hi.

If the car has previously been registered and regardless of no plates it should still have the vin number stamped into the firewall. If so the registration people have a record of the car.You should be able to sort out registration if this is the case.

That is why you see cars listed as a statutory write off, with not a single scratch... Apart from that, one of the most knowledgeable importers on here has answered, and you appear to know that he is correct.. face the facts, if the car was insured it should have been written off, pay your premium, get your money, and move on

really?????are we aware that if a vehicle is registered in someones name then it gets re-registered without a vic roads sighting??????just rwc and paperwork as they have you on file as the previuos owner.....there is no one that knows everything.....i just done mine with no sighting...... after 6 years i might add

• 4 weeks later...

I've just been through the exact same thing in Sa, I was able to get the car re registered with an exemption of compliance plate form from transport SA.

I was issued with a brand new vin number attached to a police report if I have any problems. I did have to fight very hard to get this and the compliance plates where removed by police SA becauses they thought it was a stolen vehicle.

So in SA it is possible, just by filling in a form and going from there.

Iron Chef, is it due to the engine swap that he has no chance? I would find it hard to believe that any car that has the compliance plates stolen, simply becomes a write off.

Would he be able to get the car checked by an engineer, signed off and then given new vin/chassis numbers etc? How do people build up hot rods from a mixture of parts and get them registered?

Australian laws are messed up even more than I thought if there really is no way to get this car back on the road, even if it costs an arm and a leg.