SAU Community

Tension Rod Bushing

Hello everyone,

I went to change my tie rod ends last weekend and noticed my tension rod bushings were gone and from the looks of it they don't have much time left before being completely destroyed.

Does anyone know if the 300ZX tension rod bushing will fit? I found those online and also for s13 and s14. I also found for r33 but those are in England and is pretty expensive to get here (thats my last option).

I'm not looking for adjustable tension rods, those won't be good for our roads here.

Any help would be apreciated, thanks.

How much are the bushings? and will you be fitting them yourself?

i ended up buying them in NISMO off ebay new for $330 with freight and fit them myself, it only took 20min. by the way its a pair of tension rods with the bushes for $330.

Edited by central coast person

the s13 and s14 bushes i saw on ebay were 78US dollars for the pair and i will be going to my mechanic to get them pressed but will do the install myself. it isnt much work.

Its good to hear they all fit, now i wont have to order them from england. This will save me good money for other things.

You could source some adjustable ones from Whiteline. They're still poly, but have an offset crush tube so you can tweak the castor a little.

Having said that, I have had these on my car, and replaced them with Cusco adjustables. The extra adjustment available is worth just about any pain to get hold of, and better yet, the change from soft bushings to metal bearings did not have any negative effect on NVH levels.