SAU Community

Brisbane Mechanics And Rough Cost

Goodwin

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for Dan at ERD. Labour would be around 1 day worth of work so you can do the math yourself based on whatever rates you're quoted for. I reckon it should be around 1200-1500 for the following changed.

1) All diff oil, 200+ for front rear etc (using same type of oil)

2) engine oil, 80

3) water pump, 250 or 400 depending if you wanna get standard or N1.

4) coolent

5) idlers and all belts etc, around 450 from memory for the gates belt + ilders and another 50? for alternator belt

Mystery_Kid: Just for your information, the parts alone for the service is around 1k for my 100k service and thats excluding all the diff oil (I did them when I first got the car).

sorry my service was only for a new timing belt kit and i provided the water pump

if you can't do oils and coolants yourself you deserve to pay a lot of money luls

I almost agree with you but.....Whilst I do all my oil changes and minor service work, at least once a year Dan gets all of my family cars for a good going over. You cant beat experience and while he is servicing the car he is also inspecting it from a maintainence/safety aspect. Peace of mind is what its all about. :thumbsup:

Also not many people I know don't have the facilities to gearbox and diff oil easily, and you ever owned a gtr, changing the oil on the attesa pump is a process all on its own that you need to hook up the Nissan software to do. Paying money the change oils and coolant doesnt mean your retarded and deserve to be charged a mint for.

Edited by sinistaGTR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry my service was only for a new timing belt kit and i provided the water pump

if you can't do oils and coolants yourself you deserve to pay a lot of money luls

some ppl just cant be bothered to spend there weekend servicing there car ..they would rather a reputable workshop carry out the work and get a warrenty (well the workshop i work for does) incase anything goes wrong ..and enjoy there weekends driving it lol