SAU Community

C210 Rb30De Conversion

DRIFTA87

very easy swap i almost did it years ago. the engine bolts strait up. the bonnett needs to lift about 30mm and mine had a factory hole for the wiring in the fire wall. i wish i did it but brought a house and sold the car i miss the car

I got mine in under the bonnet by using a combination of L series and RB engine mount brackets, I think I may also have swapped them left to right.. I can't remember exactly what I used though, so you will have to figure it yourself(not hard at all)

If you use a greddy style manifold you will have even more clearance.

As for spacing the bonnet, yes it may be the easiest way to gain clearance but it is also illegal(in QLD at least) a better option would be to space the engine crossmember down, which it turn gives you more transmission tunnel room, a bonus if you plan on using an rb25 or 350z gearbox.

This will mess with the front end steering geometry a bit, but if you are lowering the car you are doing the same thing anyway.

A winged or hi volume sump is a good ideas as it not only gives you're engine more oil to work with, but can give you more ground to sump clearance such is ALWAYS a good thing.

This is all I can think of at the moment, but look at the time. Wtf am I even awake? Meh, jack to sleep for me.

I got mine in under the bonnet by using a combination of L series and RB engine mount brackets, I think I may also have swapped them left to right.. I can't remember exactly what I used though, so you will have to figure it yourself(not hard at all)

If you use a greddy style manifold you will have even more clearance.

As for spacing the bonnet, yes it may be the easiest way to gain clearance but it is also illegal(in QLD at least) a better option would be to space the engine crossmember down, which it turn gives you more transmission tunnel room, a bonus if you plan on using an rb25 or 350z gearbox.

This will mess with the front end steering geometry a bit, but if you are lowering the car you are doing the same thing anyway.

A winged or hi volume sump is a good ideas as it not only gives you're engine more oil to work with, but can give you more ground to sump clearance such is ALWAYS a good thing.

This is all I can think of at the moment, but look at the time. Wtf am I even awake? Meh, jack to sleep for me.

Thanks mate exactly wat I need to hear, I wanna use my C210 as a tow car for my 180sx drift car, hence the reason I want the rb30 for easier towing....