SAU Community

What Series Is My Skyline? Please Help Out!

Hey everyone im pretty new to SAU forum and would just like to say hey for starters :D

Just got my first skyline !! WOOT

I have had it for about 3 months now , i have been into them for agez and is a dream come true to finally own one xD

I however unfortunately yet am not the go to guru about the car and still learning about it ' mechanically' which has been fun.

I have come here to ask the question and hopefully get some good responses towards my skyline and any constructive comments are

more the appreciated =D

I have had a few friends and a few random skyline owners i have come across in my travels have a look at my car and i haven't really got a set

answer as to; What series my skyline actually is ?

Helping me out with this will help me better understand my car and i wont be going to buy S2 parts instead of needing S1, visa versa teehee.gif

Also any cool upgrades you think would go nice with this car please let us know

Cheers Guys!

Ps: One of the lights says S2, but i think it may because of a replaced headlight..

Photos attached. thanks.gif

post-89794-0-44764400-1325140544_thumb.jpg

post-89794-0-54317800-1325141610_thumb.jpg

post-89794-0-33442800-1325141658_thumb.jpg

post-89794-0-96886500-1325141732_thumb.jpg

post-89794-0-81822000-1325143382_thumb.jpg

post-89794-0-50620500-1325143419_thumb.jpg

post-89794-0-69595200-1325143469_thumb.jpg

post-89794-0-15377800-1325143522_thumb.jpg

post-89794-0-25595900-1325143560_thumb.jpg

post-89794-0-11634000-1325143592_thumb.jpg

post-89794-0-68190300-1325143630_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2ToneSkyline

s1.5 is practically s1, interior wise. and exterior wise just few bits changed like driver's airbag, s2 wing, s2 garnish etc. I'd say leave the s2 look, get a series 2 wing as well, it'll look better,

S2 front end, S2 engine, S1.5/S2 steering wheel, S1 interior, S1 wing, S1 rear gander. Bit of a tough one, but being a 1995 model it's definately a S1.5.

^WHS

But S2 comes with a different S/wheel.

And yeah, imo keep the S2 front end and get a S2 spoiler thumbsup.gif

Edited by 10 4

Definitely Series 1.5 with S2 front conversion and for some retarded f**ked reason a S1 wing lol

Fronts bars are all interchangeable, just not grills and bonnets due to the difference in headlights.

LOL, didnt look at plates, sorry.

You guys should have a "PAY IT FORWARD" section over there like we do in the SAUNSW members section, we use it for parts that are gathering dust in the bowls of our garages and sheds, you put all your spares up for free but you get to pick other parts which you get for free, old school swap meet style.

Someone give this man a S2 wing.

Front bar is NOT exactly interchange, the lower edge of the series 2 headlights sits back further than the series 1 lights so the top edge of the bumper is also different. With that said they will swap over and look ok from a distance but it won't be right. Just stick with the series 2 front.

Also for other folks looking to identify an R33 its actually quite simple, just check the chassis number:

ECR33-0xxxxx = series 1

ECR33-05xxxx = series 1.5

ECR33-1xxxxx = series 2

The same basic rules applies for many Nissan models.

Edited by kakimoto33

oh awesome :D thankyou i shall check that soon

yeah unfortunatly my front bar is cracked to far when i bought it i can see the cops just hounding me, i just got a s1 front bar for a sweet deal :)

ill let you guys know how it goes and post a pic of it

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone im pretty new to SAU forum and would just like to say hey for starters :D

Just got my first skyline !! WOOT

I have had it for about 3 months now , i have been into them for agez and is a dream come true to finally own one xD

I however unfortunately yet am not the go to guru about the car and still learning about it ' mechanically' which has been fun.

I have come here to ask the question and hopefully get some good responses towards my skyline and any constructive comments are

more the appreciated =D

I have had a few friends and a few random skyline owners i have come across in my travels have a look at my car and i haven't really got a set

answer as to; What series my skyline actually is ?

Helping me out with this will help me better understand my car and i wont be going to buy S2 parts instead of needing S1, visa versa teehee.gif

Also any cool upgrades you think would go nice with this car please let us know

Cheers Guys!

Ps: One of the lights says S2, but i think it may because of a replaced headlight..

Photos attached. thanks.gif

depending on whats been done already, some really basic upgrades that i have done to my 33 are very simple ones, installed a boost tee and boost gauge, uped the boost to 9PSI (will be going to 10-12 in probably the next day or so), plus a CAI system, i did these upgrades only as the previous owner had already installed a 3"exhaust from turbo back and a FMIC (had a monsta brand, swapped it out with a saber one i had lying around) and from my understanding, these little upgrades can produce from my understanding about 20 RWKW (correct me if i'm wrong)

depending on whats been done already, some really basic upgrades that i have done to my 33 are very simple ones, installed a boost tee and boost gauge, uped the boost to 9PSI (will be going to 10-12 in probably the next day or so), plus a CAI system, i did these upgrades only as the previous owner had already installed a 3"exhaust from turbo back and a FMIC (had a monsta brand, swapped it out with a saber one i had lying around) and from my understanding, these little upgrades can produce from my understanding about 20 RWKW (correct me if i'm wrong)

Should save up for an electronic boost controller. Boost Ts will eventually f**k out but before that happens they have the potential to boost spike and overboost your engine AFAIK.