SAU Community

Vq Build

Hi guys,

I am in the process of getting a single turbo and am looking to get some boost into the vq.

I'm hoping to be able to run 10-15 psi. I am looking at buying the following.

Turbo kit (unsure which yet but want a single)

Larger injectors

Larger fuel pump

Stronger rods

Lower comp pistons

New button type clutch

And a up rev tune

Does anyone know if I will need any more internal mods or will this suffice.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Will post up pics of build once it begins

Sooooooooo can't wait.

Hi guys,

I am in the process of getting a single turbo and am looking to get some boost into the vq.

I'm hoping to be able to run 10-15 psi. I am looking at buying the following.

Turbo kit (unsure which yet but want a single)

Larger injectors

Larger fuel pump

Stronger rods

Lower comp pistons

New button type clutch

And a up rev tune

Does anyone know if I will need any more internal mods or will this suffice.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Will post up pics of build once it begins

Sooooooooo can't wait.

Kind of depends on what power your aiming at? rods are the VQ weak point and a set of low comp forged pistons are also good, whether you will need more will depend on your BHP goals, i am not sure if the valve material is up to turbo combustion temps?

One other thing you will definitely need is a complete fuel return system as the VQ doesn't use one, a decent adjustable fuel regulator as well, how are you planning on coupling one turbo to two headders?

I have a spare set of VQ25det manifolds here if you are interested, Single turbo and bolts up to the VQ35, same manifolds HKS used...

I can even help with the turbo and fabrication work seeing you are local, PM me if you are interested.

I have a spare set of VQ25det manifolds here if you are interested, Single turbo and bolts up to the VQ35, same manifolds HKS used...

I can even help with the turbo and fabrication work seeing you are local, PM me if you are interested.

No worries sorry dude just moved to Perth. Haven't changed it yet. Not sure of goals to be honest was thinking if I can get to that boost safely I'll se what happens. Then I don't have to open the top end up. Something else to play with later lol.

I was just gonna buy a bolt on kit with everything.

If u can help with fab I'd be happy to try price it all up and pay postage tho.

No worries sorry dude just moved to Perth. Haven't changed it yet. Not sure of goals to be honest was thinking if I can get to that boost safely I'll se what happens. Then I don't have to open the top end up. Something else to play with later lol.

I was just gonna buy a bolt on kit with everything.

If u can help with fab I'd be happy to try price it all up and pay postage tho.

Too late for me to look for post but i wrote all the info on what you will need and approx cost for ST to get 450-500RWHP

P.S Cobey is selling his complete HKS 3037 Turbo kit with fuel pump, gauges...

Too late for me to look for post but i wrote all the info on what you will need and approx cost for ST to get 450-500RWHP

P.S Cobey is selling his complete HKS 3037 Turbo kit with fuel pump, gauges...

No worries. If u find it let me know I have done a search but must be looking for the wrong thing.

I saw that kit. Just need to sort out the dollars and I'll prob make an offer I think.

Found it

I will list prices that are without shipping from the USA but are the cheapest prices just from looking around on the net.

As far as a built engine: Performance parts

Wiseco Pistons 96.0mm (+0.020" Over Bore) 8.5:1 + Rings $1150 (includes eagle rods)

Eagle H Beam Rods & ARP rod bolts $inc above

ACL Race Rod/Main/Thrust Washers & Washers $165

ARP Main studs $167

NGK Iridium one step cooler spark plugs $70

*Dont worry about forged crank shaft

OEM parts you will need

Welsch Plugs (can be reused i guess) $30

Rev up oil pump (can use old one but i upgraded) $190

Water pump (can be reused i guess) $46

Overhaul gasket set $250

2x Timing Chain $210

3 Tensioners + 2 guides (you could get away with old ones but you never want to have to replace this stuff once engine is back in) $230

HR Head studs * $58

HR Head gasket * $58

* You can save alot of money by going the HR head gasket and HR head bolt route, they are good for 600HP

http://www.jimwolfte..._HEAD_BOLTS.pdf

if you want ARP head studs then $175 or $400 for L19s. If you want Cosworth head gasket then $260

Machine work that you will need to do (and will cost between $1200-1500)

Head recon x2

Bore & Hone

Deck block

Chemical clean

Balancing

Crank regrind

Other stuff so you can include in budget if needed

Fuel pump DW 300ltr one (better than walbro) $170

DW injectors, 600 perfect for your goals $lots second hand for $350ish

Radiator - you will need a better one than stock Koyo Rad Vs Stock $350 + fans ($120)

Wideband gauge like Zeitronic ZT-2, maybe even oil temp/pressure gauge ($250-300ish)

EMS: Haltech is the best but $ and cost more in tune fees, i went with Utec as it popular in USA and good for 600HP (can do more but by then you spending big $ and can afford the Haltech)

Stopping power

Stoptech Stage 2 (slotted rotors, braided lines, motul rbf fluid) $860

Get a pair of used brembos from g35driver of my350z $800-1200 (if u have stock non brembos)

Save up for handling so you can use that 300rwkw

whiteline sway bars and upgraded end links $700-800

then bc racing br coilovers $1300

If you want contacts of where to get the cheapest stuff (cheaper than prices i found displayed online) then let me know, trust me i researched the shit out of it, spoke to many vendors in the states, that list is countless hours of research...

Found it

I will list prices that are without shipping from the USA but are the cheapest prices just from looking around on the net.

As far as a built engine: Performance parts

Wiseco Pistons 96.0mm (+0.020" Over Bore) 8.5:1 + Rings $1150 (includes eagle rods)

Eagle H Beam Rods & ARP rod bolts $inc above

ACL Race Rod/Main/Thrust Washers & Washers $165

ARP Main studs $167

NGK Iridium one step cooler spark plugs $70

*Dont worry about forged crank shaft

OEM parts you will need

Welsch Plugs (can be reused i guess) $30

Rev up oil pump (can use old one but i upgraded) $190

Water pump (can be reused i guess) $46

Overhaul gasket set $250

2x Timing Chain $210

3 Tensioners + 2 guides (you could get away with old ones but you never want to have to replace this stuff once engine is back in) $230

HR Head studs * $58

HR Head gasket * $58

* You can save alot of money by going the HR head gasket and HR head bolt route, they are good for 600HP

http://www.jimwolfte..._HEAD_BOLTS.pdf

if you want ARP head studs then $175 or $400 for L19s. If you want Cosworth head gasket then $260

Machine work that you will need to do (and will cost between $1200-1500)

Head recon x2

Bore & Hone

Deck block

Chemical clean

Balancing

Crank regrind

Other stuff so you can include in budget if needed

Fuel pump DW 300ltr one (better than walbro) $170

DW injectors, 600 perfect for your goals $lots second hand for $350ish

Radiator - you will need a better one than stock Koyo Rad Vs Stock $350 + fans ($120)

Wideband gauge like Zeitronic ZT-2, maybe even oil temp/pressure gauge ($250-300ish)

EMS: Haltech is the best but $ and cost more in tune fees, i went with Utec as it popular in USA and good for 600HP (can do more but by then you spending big $ and can afford the Haltech)

Stopping power

Stoptech Stage 2 (slotted rotors, braided lines, motul rbf fluid) $860

Get a pair of used brembos from g35driver of my350z $800-1200 (if u have stock non brembos)

Save up for handling so you can use that 300rwkw

whiteline sway bars and upgraded end links $700-800

then bc racing br coilovers $1300

If you want contacts of where to get the cheapest stuff (cheaper than prices i found displayed online) then let me know, trust me i researched the shit out of it, spoke to many vendors in the states, that list is countless hours of research...

Great write up as I will be embarking on my engine build this year. Quick question, I've already got all the ancillary stuff in place and I'm currently looking at a clutch/flywheel combo to suit and then I will have everything in place ready for the extra power. You seem to have done a lot of research already so what would you recommend?

Aaron

Great write up as I will be embarking on my engine build this year. Quick question, I've already got all the ancillary stuff in place and I'm currently looking at a clutch/flywheel combo to suit and then I will have everything in place ready for the extra power. You seem to have done a lot of research already so what would you recommend?

Aaron

If your going to do clutch then what i researched was:

Part Number: 6072-2100

Street Series 2100 Clutch Kit. Stage 2 - Steelback Brass Plus Clutch Kit

Part Number: 2-350Z-ST

Forged Lightweight Steel Flywheel

FW Weight: 18.65lbs (SOME ARE LIKE 8-13LB which is too light and will give you chatter, this one close to stock as possible)

Reason i went Competition Clutch was due to their high torque and HP factor (550-600?) and close to stock as possible.

I didnt get them from here but this is the ones

http://my350z.com/fo...best-deals.html

Make sure you also get

New Slave cylinder

Alignment tool

Stainless braided clutch line

Pilot Bushing

Chromoly pivot ball

Edited by R6n350GT

• 4 weeks later...