SAU Community

Drag Dates 2012 So Far

MattR

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would agree, had a chat with him and his fuel system was leaning out on anything near 28psi when they did the tune during the week. They set it at 26psi until he gets the pumps replaced with something better. But the launches do need some work. Did you see that blue VL? Ended with (I think, not 100% sure) 6.26 near the end of the day. That Blue Chaser or whatever it was ran a 5.xx run, that was bloody quick!

Only downer was that guy getting tossed out after that awesome burnout. I don't know the rules myself regarding burn-outs, but if the crowd are happy can't see why they kicked him out. That Evo was quick once it got a decent launch near the end of the day. Plenty of nice, loud, body shaking 8's! Pretty good day besides the Lobster look I now inherit...

yep i hear ya its murphys law at the strip been there twice my self but thats the game .....and we come back for more ....whats wrong with us :rolleyes: , the blue chaser/soarer? was killer the evo i see years ago at coonawarra drags when it wasnt so modified ( lol perspex window) but definately hauls ass . yeh the poor bloke putting on a decent show got the tinyest bit carried away ( no way near excessive imho) and then booted , iam not one for riots but summernats comes to mind and both marshals need a good old mobbing tbh :pirate:

and yes i sport the same lobster look as the rest of the spectators pinch.gif

Cheers for answering the burn-out query, makes sense now. Was talking to the guy prior to lining up and wanted to see how it went... it smokes well...lol. Yeh, that Blue Chaser/Soarer shot off the line like a bat out of hell! Pretty happy didn't put my 32 in there, seeming how those other imports went with traction and no mickey's on the back....

Good day either way :)

iam keen for the real deal off street under lights when the mid year comes along if its happening by then , iam sure ill also see alot of u blokes out there then 2

When it's 1/4 mile will give it a go, will be my first time on the strip so anything quicker than stock time for R32 gts-t will make me happy. But I'll wait till it happens...

Cheers for answering the burn-out query, makes sense now. Was talking to the guy prior to lining up and wanted to see how it went... it smokes well...lol. Yeh, that Blue Chaser/Soarer shot off the line like a bat out of hell! Pretty happy didn't put my 32 in there, seeming how those other imports went with traction and no mickey's on the back....

Good day either way :)

ive got a pair of nittos with rims if your keen at a good price. were on my 32 and s14.

post-671-0-36199200-1329254347_thumb.jpg

post-671-0-92104300-1329254370_thumb.jpg

When it's 1/4 mile will give it a go, will be my first time on the strip so anything quicker than stock time for R32 gts-t will make me happy. But I'll wait till it happens...

If we do see a return to full 1/4 racing then you're going to have a ball, and you've already got the right mindset. Go out there with no expectations and just focus on getting as much experience as you can. The more experience you can get the more relaxed you'll become and before long you'll start running the kind of numbers the car is capable of.

Before AIR shut down back in 2006 I managed to attend about 6 off-street meets in a row. Each time out I knocked tenths off my ET with no changes to car set-up at all. Pity it's been so long between drinks as I reckon it will be like starting all over again... assuming we get the chance again.

damn straight. This car needs to run an 11, hopefully with enough practice it will get there

good luck josh its way harder than it seems :thumbsup:

a mate done a 13.5 @ 240rwkw willall tuned just as a guide r33gtst

If we do see a return to full 1/4 racing then you're going to have a ball, and you've already got the right mindset. Go out there with no expectations and just focus on getting as much experience as you can. The more experience you can get the more relaxed you'll become and before long you'll start running the kind of numbers the car is capable of.

Before AIR shut down back in 2006 I managed to attend about 6 off-street meets in a row. Each time out I knocked tenths off my ET with no changes to car set-up at all. Pity it's been so long between drinks as I reckon it will be like starting all over again... assuming we get the chance again.

Cheers Matt. Remember going to watch before AIR was originally closed and loved it, just didn't have a decent car back then to take down the strip. But hope to do a few easy runs and not kill the gearbox and get use to it all. Look forward to seeing some other lines there :P

My Evo ran 11.9 with 210kw at all four

Its you hook it up across the 60 that makes - all - the difference :)

When it comes to drag racing your average street performance car there's almost no comparison between a 200 odd kW AWD Evo X with slick auto transmission and a 250-300+ RWD Skyline, particular if the Skyline is a 5 speed manual.

I can get the Caldina off the line with the minimum of effort every single time without fail. Foot on the brake, floor the throttle, wait till the boost gauge reaches 15psi, step off the brake and tap the shift lever up through the gears as required - or if really lazy and not seeking max results let the auto do it all. Your Grandmother could do it its that easy. The same cannot be said for the RWD Skyline.

Yeah you tell him Matt. :action-smiley-069:

Hi Martin, when are we going to see the willall stable come out to play?, surely Mr Wilson is getting itchy to play.

Sunday was cool, really over the muscle now, time for some rev limiter launching jap cars to come have some fun.

very true stick shift is hard very hard when chasing times at the strip

even turbo manual falcons struggle to get into the 11's with 400rwkw, big art to manual launching hence why the rh9 is such a all round weapon at willall