SAU Community

"good"engineer (Nsw)

tones

Im looking for an engineer in the southern highlands/goulburn area to have a look at my 32 with 25/30. Im new to the area and any help will be appreciated. I know i need the epa test etc, im just looking for an engineer to look at it. Thanks

If you find one that will travel to Nowra and won't charge the earth let me know, I need a few done. This new scheme is making it tougher.

yeah.. makes me wonder how im gonna get my vq35 r32 thru....

QLD ;)

You don't need a good engineer, you need a good builder who is up to speed with the ADR and what is/isn't legal, then when you have it to compliance with the regulations the engineer can come out and do his thing with his tape measure and sensor thingies once, if you need to get him out a couple of times its gonna cost you more.

Have you done the calculations for the VQ35, The formula for max capacity is on the RTA web site under "modifications"

NSW

According to rta there is no new modifications to the new law just a different name really quote: vehicle standards remain the same) unless I am mistaken and someone could provide a link to a vis/vib

AFAIK, there is currently like 2 workshops that will do engineering and they only will engineer work they did them selves. Apparently the new engineering licences cost too much due to insurance and stuff so no one wants a bar of them. i know a guy that wants to get his RB25 S14 registered in NSW but cannot find an engineer in the whole state that will do it. Rang all the candidates and all but 2 didnt do it anymore.

Just what i heard. Someone correct me if im wrong.

there will be more and more engineers coming out this year..

since this new "scheme" is only like a month old not many have registered or updated there details on the Roads & Maritime Services - NEW RTA NAME

the system is actualy better then before. all the engineering details are send to RMS directly from the engineer, so this saves carring an eningeer report with you and he said she said on the side of a road.

basically the enigineer will tell RMS what has been engineered send all the paper work to them directly.

depending on the modification you wont even need to see a RMS counter the engineer can update there system online.