SAU Community

Squeaky Clutch

People,

Need some help as this noise is driving me insane...

I have a standard clutch done a little bit now...

The problem is that the pressing the pedal previously would reveal a squak only intermittently.

Now it has progressed to quiet a number of times on an outing, both pressing and realeasing the pedal...

I used some silicone lubcricant (ska don't get any funny ideas) on the lever on the side of the gearbox. This stuff is what I used on my motorbike chain and is a VERY good lubricant, yet the problem still persists.

Any help would be appreaciated!!!

Thanks

Neill

i had/have this problem also.. i tried wd40 or similar under the pedal where the cable is and no change. then i accidentaly oversprayed the spring behind the pedal up the top and the squeak stopped straight away!! came back a few weeks ago but i drenched it in wd40 again and i havent heard a mouse since!

see how you go..

i know what this is, i had the same problem, its the slave cylinder.

look under the car at the cylinder while a friend pushes the clutch, and as the piston moves in and out it will make the squeek noise...

if you want it to go away, replace the cylinder.. although it problably wont amount to much if left unfixed.

Slave cylinder hey, I will have to check that again cause it has been recently replaced...

Its driving me nuts I will investigate more on Sat when I can get it up on a hoist...and I tried drowning it in WD40 to no avail, also where is this spring...

And definitely the outside of the car, had the girl push the clutch when I had it on ramps...

then it is the cylinder, no wd40 can fix that !

i am not 100% sure but i think its caused by crap getting between the piston(plastic) and the cylinder that causes the nosie.

hey guys,

My clutch had the squeek 6 mths after fitting, took it back and they got under the car, removed the rubber boot and sprayed some type of lube on the clutch lever pivot point, all sweet now and the clutch actually feels a bit easyer to press in..

cheers

Lenno

hey guys,

My clutch had the squeek 6 mths after fitting, took it back and they got under the car, removed the rubber boot and sprayed some type of lube on the clutch lever pivot point, all sweet now and the clutch actually feels a bit easyer to press in..  

cheers

Lenno

Hmmm might try that tomorrow!!!