SAU Community

Aftermarket Headlights

Jayce23

If I put the headlights in without adjusting the lights are they likely to be aimed correctly? From what I saw it is going to be hard to adjust them afterwards without having to take things off again to adjust.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly done with my install. I have one light that has the orange indicator light stuck on. Can anyone tell me what wire it is that I need to cut? I think it is on here somewhere but hey if you know just tell me now :yes:

Nearly done with my install. I have one light that has the orange indicator light stuck on. Can anyone tell me what wire it is that I need to cut? I think it is on here somewhere but hey if you know just tell me now :yes:

Green / Red... dont be lazy !!!

All done & looking fantastic. If I can do it then anybody can, it really is an easy job. Has anyone installed new taillights? I have some on order so that is the next job.

All done & looking fantastic. If I can do it then anybody can, it really is an easy job. Has anyone installed new taillights? I have some on order so that is the next job.

Yeah tail-lights are a piece of cake. Remove the trim pieces around the inside of the boot, undo about 5 nuts and the light will come out (with a tiny bit of force, since it is stuck in with goo/sealant). Lights will be plug and play (since they are factory). I am not exactly sure what is involved if you want the boot release on your new lights to work, but go search the G35 forums - I saw a tutorial on how to do it ages ago. If you are going to do it, I have a boot release actuator here brand new in the box that I thought I would need but never did.

Yeah tail-lights are a piece of cake. Remove the trim pieces around the inside of the boot, undo about 5 nuts and the light will come out (with a tiny bit of force, since it is stuck in with goo/sealant). Lights will be plug and play (since they are factory). I am not exactly sure what is involved if you want the boot release on your new lights to work, but go search the G35 forums - I saw a tutorial on how to do it ages ago. If you are going to do it, I have a boot release actuator here brand new in the box that I thought I would need but never did.

Looking forward to getting the taillights. WIll I have to seal them with some "goo" also? I did see the boot release on G35 although I did not look into it that much. I would be interested in taking it off your hands if it is not too hard to install.

Not sure on the "goo", but some residual will remain on the car when you take the old lights out. And sorry mate, I have nfi on how to do the boot release, or whether you actually need an actuator or not. but I have one here just in case - only owes me $50.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone have trouble with the ballasts not fitting in the hole 100% ?

one edge of mine was tightened down on the seal but im getting condensation in both headlights down the bottom...

anyone else got condensation ?

I have no condensation too. But according to the manual that came with the lights, condensation is normal when the lights are first used and should disappear after a few weeks.

Any guys from this group buy want to join in on another? :) Sexiest front bar available imho - and in Urethane not shitty fibreglass.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/401873-anyone-interested-in-a-urethane-nismo-v2-front-bumper-group-buy/

There will probably only be 4 bars available.