SAU Community

Aftermarket Headlights

Jayce23

I am pretty sure they are dual filament. The look like the same ones in the eBay link for high beams posted above.

I have also got my HID cables from a member in here for $35 inc shipping. He also has ballasts for Dog with Bone $70. I should have them on Wed.

'Cider time' if you can assist us again! I was wondering if it would be better to install them at night to be able to adjust the angle of the beam?

Can't wait to fit them! Wish I had not seen the 2006 rear Tailights in the weekend. Now I want a pair of them! Any idea where I could find them?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure they are dual filament. The look like the same ones in the eBay link for high beams posted above.

I have also got my HID cables from a member in here for $35 inc shipping. He also has ballasts for Dog with Bone $70. I should have them on Wed.

'Cider time' if you can assist us again! I was wondering if it would be better to install them at night to be able to adjust the angle of the beam?

Can't wait to fit them! Wish I had not seen the 2006 rear Tailights in the weekend. Now I want a pair of them! Any idea where I could find them?

Rear 06 lights from perry-infiniti

install light during day so u can see what your doing... all you need is a screw driver and you can adjust level when they are in the car.

Pretty sure no H1 is dual filament

Edited by R6n350GT

I also need the HID cables, able to find another pair for me? :)

Sounds like the coupe lights have been more of a hastle than my sedan's ones... Mine literally plugged straight in.

Nah, not really... Just depends on compliance, the others and myself had ours hacked and taken out. That's why we gotta get other parts for it to work. Just wished compliance didn't touch my car and left everything as it is...

ah indeed, yea i didn't bother putting a hid kit threw mine (may do at a later date) but the projector lens with the halogen's works just fine (actually brighter than my faded stocko's)

Has anyone tried adjusting the aim of their low beams in the new headlights? I supposed it's the top adjuster on the inner side of the housing (closer to engine) right? I tried turning it in both directions but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Got my HID cable so I am ready to go. Just not sure about a couple of options from the install. I also got some 2006 taillights (I wish I had not seen them on the weekend!). If anyone needs a set of mint 2004 taillights PM me.

Andrew is there a chance of us getting together over this weekend or next to do the other cars? I am confident of putting them in but not adjusting them or various wiring options. Can bring cider ;-)

I didn't fit a halogen in a hid socket, the sedan version of these aftermarket units came fully halogen equipped bulbs and all, just gotta adjust my high beams other than that completely plug and play :)

I haven't been following, so what's the reason for adjusting the beam? I thought this was a JDM right hand side driving headlights and it was set already?

Sedan headlights are complete aftermarket, so the low beam globes are H7- not the factory D2R type.

The coupe' lights are either a modified OEM headlight or more than likely a copy of the factory ones, hence the retention of the factory HID setup.

I haven't been following, so what's the reason for adjusting the beam? I thought this was a JDM right hand side driving headlights and it was set already?

If yours levels up ok then you don't have to adjust anything. You should check the aim against a flat wall to make sure both sides are even and at the correct level. On mine the right side is lower than the left so I want to raise the right side to be even with the left.

Mine shines down way too far on the ground .... this results in oncoming cars seeing a reflection of the projector light beam on the actual chrome housing of the light below the projector = dazzlingly bright for oncoming cars.

If yours levels up ok then you don't have to adjust anything. You should check the aim against a flat wall to make sure both sides are even and at the correct level. On mine the right side is lower than the left so I want to raise the right side to be even with the left.

Eh..I thought it was normal for it to be lower a bit on the right..just to ensure that it doesn't blind oncoming cars.