SAU Community

Wanted R35 2009 Black Gtr

THE_350GT

Hi Guys

I’m looking to buy a Black 2009 GTR, looking at spending around the $90,000 mark might have a little more.

Very serious and ready to buy like TODAY /NOW so if you guys know or could recommend somewhere I can go.

Any advice/guidance please reply or send me a PM. :-)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

90k is a reasonable price for an 09 but whether sellers are willing to accept it, is another matter. There are a number of 09's that have been sitting on carsales.com priced well over that and that's what they've been doing, just sitting! As warranty expiry is just around the corner for these cars, they'd be well advised to accept any reasonable offer given otherwise they may find themselves taking an even bigger hit later in the year.

Good luck with that... Your probably expect to pay in excess of $100k - $115 for anything half decent

What do you mean anything decent? I don’t think people that have purchased these cars brand new would trash them, unless you track it.

I think 90-95K is more than reasonable for a standard GTR considering the car will be out of warranty soon. (08, 09)

What do you mean anything decent? I don’t think people that have purchased these cars brand new would trash them, unless you track it.

I think 90-95K is more than reasonable for a standard GTR considering the car will be out of warranty soon. (08, 09)

Depends what your after. A track pig or garage queen. If you can find a black one for $90k today I'll buy another one. If an 09 is priced at $90k what's a 10 worth? &100k? Your dreaming if you think this will happen. I was recently in the same boat. I spent 2 years waiting for the price to drop where I think they were worth. And still didn't find anything for my valuation. Realistically $100k + right now today for an unmarked black 09 gtr if you can find one is a great buy. If your happy to go for one with higher km, maybe low $100k. There's one in vic now on Carsales. I found I might not have been prepared to pay what vendors were asking but someone else was and all the good ones got snapped up. End of the day for a $100k car you'd want it to be immaculate with low km. good luck with your endeavours, you may have to wait awhile to get what your looking for

Depends what your after. A track pig or garage queen. If you can find a black one for $90k today I'll buy another one. If an 09 is priced at $90k what's a 10 worth? &100k? Your dreaming if you think this will happen. I was recently in the same boat. I spent 2 years waiting for the price to drop where I think they were worth. And still didn't find anything for my valuation. Realistically $100k + right now today for an unmarked black 09 gtr if you can find one is a great buy. If your happy to go for one with higher km, maybe low $100k. There's one in vic now on Carsales. I found I might not have been prepared to pay what vendors were asking but someone else was and all the good ones got snapped up. End of the day for a $100k car you'd want it to be immaculate with low km. good luck with your endeavours, you may have to wait awhile to get what your looking for

I know of a 2011 for sale with 4.5k on the clock where the dealer is asking $149k for it. It's essentially by all accounts brand new, has all the latest updates and is in a desirable colour.

A 2009 is a 3 yr old car now, realistically I'd think one is worth $100k tops. A 2010/11 with all the updates is more desirable, thus commands a premium. But that's just my 2c.

Edited by 1q2w3e4r

I know of a 2011 for sale with 4.5k on the clock where the dealer is asking $149k for it. It's essentially by all accounts brand new, has all the latest updates and is in a desirable colour.

A 2009 is a 3 yr old car now, realistically I'd think one is worth $100k tops. A 2010/11 with all the updates is more desirable, thus commands a premium. But that's just my 2c.

As I said. If you can find one right now for $90k in black you've got it for a steal. My 2c is it's wishful thinking good luck coz you'll need it. You won't even find a 2010 for $120k. The difference between an 09 and 10 is negligible, definately not $30k difference in price. $15-20k tops

As I said. If you can find one right now for $90k in black you've got it for a steal. My 2c is it's wishful thinking good luck coz you'll need it. You won't even find a 2010 for $120k. The difference between an 09 and 10 is negligible, definately not $30k difference in price. $15-20k tops

+ 1

I have seen 3 09's purchased for sub 105k.

two in average condition but nothing a good detail wouldnt sort out (though milage on one was geting a little high at 45k when 2 years old) and one in great condition. it all depends on the circumstances of the vendor

I agree 90k is probably pushing it for a clean low KLM's 09 at the moment. From April though these cars will start running out of warranty. Now I know warranty is not important to some buyers but it is to others and as Nissan Australia offer no option to purchase extended warranty for the GTR the value of these cars will start to move towards the 90K mark. The 11's look like they're dropping fast and as the 12's have just arrived I'd look at spending a bit more and try and nail down a bargain!

$90k is probably on the low side but good luck, it's a very small market. Either way, you're going to drop $1.5k a month on depreciation yourself for a while, too. Which will make the $10k you save (vs the current price) look like play money.

I'll think you'll find inevitably $90k will be common, but your probablly 12 months premature. If you want to look at historical depreciation look at the M3. Similar priced new and similar depreciation. 07 and 08 beamers are selling in the $80-$95k range. GTR's are, I consider far more exclusive and desirable, so I'll think you'll find they'll hover in this bracket for a few years and the $1-2k depreciation will stop whilst the later models drop to make way for the newest realises. So the 10's and 11 GTR's depreciation will advance considerably to a point where they're all in the $70-$100k range in 3 odd years time. I think the Gtr will bottom at around $70k for a few years. I reakon in 10 years time they'll still be commanding $50k. After all they're considered a supercar, and they do have the x factor. Every time I drive mine I notice people taking photos on their smart phones and always every time get a yelp or thumbs up... I don't think that happens in an M3 too often

My dealer is trading my 09 in for just over the 100 mark, I assume they will turn it around to the next buyer for about 110 ish.

My advice:

1. You may have to up your budget a little, maybe by as much as 20 - 25%

2. Dont worry about the number, it only happens once, after that it is all about the car, and what a car it is!

You will be delighted, go on, do it!