SAU Community

Borderlands 2

scandyflick

The original Borderlands is the only 'modern' game that I can play through 16+ times (seriously) and not get sick of. Mass Effect, Deus Ex, Saints Row, Grand Theft Auto etc, have all come pretty close, but nothing has been able to match it yet.

Open world, a thousand different enemies to kill, more guns than you can think of, and it's pretty damn hilarious.

Dodgy 14 minutes of gameplay video;

And the official release trailer;

Super excited for this. International release date is 21 September... Was originally in July at some point, which is kinda disappointing, but it gives me a few months to finish ME3 a couple times and get that out of my system.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will definitely be in for that one thumbsup.gif

Enjoyed the first thoroughly but strangely only as Lilith, the other characters bored me.

Playing through the story in a group of three is awesome.

Only issue was that one of our mates started to cheat using Willowtree. Ghey.

Playing as Lilith was rad. Didn't really like her in low levels, but once you got her up to speed with a decent SMG, she made most missions a snack.

Brick and Roland I didn't feel were nearly as flexible.

And Mordacai... Couldn't even finish 1 play through with him. Painful.

Never did the multiplayer thing with the first. I'll give it a crack with this one though.

With a bit of luck, they fix up the rocket damage.

Even with a maxed out Brick, rockets were less effective than guns rolleyes.gif

So are you saying you didn't like trying to kill badass' with giant Nerf guns?

Me neither. Shit got old quick.

• 4 months later...

Did my pre order about 3 weeks ago, now its just a waiting game.

I always try not to see the trailers of the games that i know i am going to get so it doesnt spoil the suprise for me, but i couldnt help see that wimoweh trailer, you know it is going to be a laugh with borderlands stuff!

must admit i would have spent a good few hundred hours on the first one and it's expansions.

i mainly used mordecai, found the other characters a bit "meh". even lilith and her stealth walk thing would only do maybe 20-30% damage to a group of enemies so it wasnt that much help. i liked how with mordecai you can send out his pet darkwing and he'll take out several enemies in one go before returning once you've unlocked his skill perk a few times that was awesome. but after a while the game got pretty tiresome.

and yeah i wish some elements had been more realistic. like having to shoot people 5 or 6 times in the head with a high level sniper rifle before they'd die is stretching it pretty far and its frustrating as fk!. like some of you mentioned same problem with rockets. that kinda stuff is meant to be the holy grail of death and destruction yet it just kind of becomes redundant when all it does is cause someone to stumble.

Edited by jonboy

I do like that this one will supposedly allow split screen online.

On another note, wife came home yesterday with a receipt for a BL2 pre-order, then proceeded to tell me that she'd pay the rest before the launch date.

Good woman that one.

Almost bought Borderlands on the Steam sale but I decided to just wait for number 2 and bought Dead Island instead. Anyone else played Dead Island, it seems like a decent zombie hack so far.

I do like that this one will supposedly allow split screen online.

On another note, wife came home yesterday with a receipt for a BL2 pre-order, then proceeded to tell me that she'd pay the rest before the launch date.

Good woman that one.

She's a keeper!! Catch and Latch on that one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Played the first one through including zombie island and the thunderdome add on as Lillith. Loved her so much, other characters were a bit bland in my opinion. Didn't play any of the other add ons though.

Really looking forward to this one. Not sure who to play as, the assassin or the siren again.