SAU Community

4 Wheel Steering (Hicas)

Hi guys,

I have been looking at a few r33 gts-t and I came across one that looks quite good. The one issue I had with it was when reading about it they stated it had "4 wheel steering" which from a quick google search explained it to be HICAS.

My question is did all r33's come out with this? I seem to remember that the cars that had this feature were more costly to repair and modify? Or am I just wrong?

The model of the car is a 1993 Nissan Skyline HR33 2D Coupe.

Any help is appreciated, thanks thumbsup.gif

(Also wasn't sure if this should be general discussion or drive train)

It's to improve handling around a track apparently.

Grab a lock bar, weld your diff, win at life.

Just tripple check it exists before you buy the bar.. I've had two N/A 33GTS's, same year model except one had a sunroof, no hicas or ABS and the other had no sunroof, hicas, ABS and more power.

Just pointing out that there are some differences...

Edited by SKITTLES

Last place you want it. The Gibson Nissan Works GTRs had the HICAS removed because they found that if you suddenly backed off in a corner the HICAS became confused and could turn the car around.

Don't understand what everyone has against HICAS - I've never had a problem with it. Maybe you guys just aren't up to driving a car with active steering.

Last place you want it. The Gibson Nissan Works GTRs had the HICAS removed because they found that if you suddenly backed off in a corner the HICAS became confused and could turn the car around.

Don't understand what everyone has against HICAS - I've never had a problem with it. Maybe you guys just aren't up to driving a car with active steering.

i cant help but feel you kind answered your own question there....

Grab a lock bar, weld your diff, win at life.

Just tripple check it exists before you buy the bar.. I've had two N/A 33GTS's, same year model except one had a sunroof, no hicas or ABS and the other had no sunroof, hicas, ABS and more power.

Just pointing out that there are some differences...

Thanks Skittles, I will definitely check them over. I had a look at my mates r32 the other day and that had hicas on it. Was good to see in person what exactly it is.